This Peach and Mango Pie is just in time for Summer. Fresh Mango and Peach filled the homemade buttery and flaky pie crust, so easy and delicious.
This short Video shows how to make Homemade Pie Crust as well as the end to end process of making this pie. Let the show begins!
How To Make Peach & Mango Pie
Make the Pie Crust: I used my Homemade Pie Crust, you can also use a store-bought pie crust. If making one, you can make it ahead of time. Roll the dough and transfer in a pie pan. Freeze until ready to use.
Prepare the Strips – Feel to use a full pie dough or pie dough cut outs to cover the top. For this recipe, I wanted to make a lattice style pie so I made strips of pie dough to cover the top. I used 5-inch pie pan, quite small so I only used 8 strips to cover the top. You can see there are gaps, but you can have it totally cover by using more pie dough strips.
Prepare the Peach and Mango Filling – This is as simple as tossing the Peach and Mango with sugar and cornstarch. Make this only when you are ready to use it to fill the pie. Having it on stand-bye can make the sugar melt sooner.
Assemble: The day that you are ready to make this, take out the frozen pie crust (already in the pie pan) and fill with fresh Peach and Mango filling. Cover top with strips, cut-outs (if using any, no need to thaw) or a rolled pie crust to cover the top. Brush with milk or egg wash ( beaten egg + 1 tsp water). Sprinkle with sugar and Bake as per instruction.
- You can make the Peach and Mango filling a combination of fresh Peach, each and Mango and cooked Peach filling. Get the FULL RECIPE of Peach Filling. Combining fresh and cooked Peach will give a nice texture, also the consistency of the filling will be thicker and less runny.
- Chill the Pie before baking especially if you are making the crust the same day you are baking it. Freezing not only hardens the crust but also prevents shrinking of pie crust during baking. The harder the pie crust, the better.
I’m head over heels in love with this pie, just like I’m head over heels in love with anything with Mango and Peach, why stop at 1 when we can have more. Expect more Peach and Mango recipe coming your way soon.
This Peach and Mango Pie uses my Homemade Pie Recipe, it’s super easy to make, it taste good and best of all, it’s very stable to hold the shape of the pie. The Peach and Mango filling is a simple 4 ingredients only. Peach,Mango, sugar and cornstarch, that’s about it. Simple and yet when baked it was bursting with sweet summer flavor, it’s so juicy. I like this served with vanilla ice cream on top. You have to try it, it was insane delicious. I seriously cannot stop eating it. The crust is creamy and buttery, the filling is sweet and tangy and of course the ice cream, I should not even justify having ice cream with this pie. For me, it’s the only way to enjoy this pie, with ice cream please. Let me show you how I made this. Let’s get stated!
- Homemade Flaky Pie Crust (Homemade or Store-Bought)
- 3 large Peach – pit removed and diced
- 1 large Mango – diced
- 3 tablespoon Sugar (Adjust depending on how sweet the Peach and Mango you are using)
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Cream or Milk
- 1 teaspoon extra Sugar for sprinkling on top
- Prepare the Pie Crust: (if using homemade). This can be done 2-3 days a head of time. Have the pie dough ready and store in room temperature at least 30 minutes before using to soften it a bit. This makes it easier to roll. Better yet, roll the pie crust and transfer in a pie pan and freeze already molded. This is what I normally do, saves some time thawing the pie dough.
- Prepare the Filling: Mix Peach, Mango, sugar and cornstarch. Mix just to combine, set aside in the refrigerator. Taste and add more sugar as needed, depending on how sweet the fruits.
- Mold the Pie Crust: Roll and flatten the pie crust dough to at least 1-inch larger than the diameter of the pie pan you are using. I used 5-inch pie pan, so 6-inch the size of the pie crust. Transfer the pie dough into the pan, press the side and bottom but do NOT pull the dough as it will cause shrinkage during baking. Remove excess dough. Chill in the freezer at least 15 minutes before adding the filling. You can also make this ahead of time, cover and keep it in the freezer until ready to use.
- Transfer Filling: Transfer the filling into the prepared pie pan, plus the Peach pie filling. (if using).
- Cover the top: You can cover the top with rolled pie dough, or you can use cookie cutter to cut-out shapes. I used strips to cover the top, you can decorate it however you like.
- Sprinkle with Sugar: Brush top with milk or egg wash (1 beaten egg + 1 tsp water) and sprinkle top with granulated sugar.
- Bake: Bake at per-heated oven at 350F for 25 – 30 minutes or until the top turns brown.
- Cool: let cool for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the sauce to thickens.
Serves 2 – 3
- Mini Fruit Pie
- Strawberry Pie For Two
- [VIDEO] 5 Ingredients Pie Crust Made Easy!
- Simply Mango Galette
- Peach Galette
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal
- Mini Fruit Pie
- Blueberry Pie for Two
Easy Peach Recipes
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA