This Pumpkin Coconut Smoothie is a nice way to ease up our transition from hot Summer weather to a cool Fall weather. This is a thick creamy but dairy free pumpkin smoothie. Where do I sign?
Hi Guys! I hope you enjoyed my Summer Friday Drink Days, all those homemade iced tea, overnight oats drink and smoothie. We are getting closer and closer to ending Summer and so I am helping you have a smooth transition as we head to Fall. I know, it ain’t over until it’s over. So this smoothie is a great way to start Welcoming the flavors of Fall. We still get the cold refreshing delicious drink to warm up our warm weather and at the same time we get that subtle pumpkin flavor so get us ready craving for Fall
6 Ingredients Coconut Pumpkin Smoothie
- Coconut Milk – I used the canned coconut milk as this has a more creamy consistency than the ready to drink Coconut milk in the carton.
- Banana – Using a frozen banana is very important here to get a nice smooth and creamy consistency
- Pumpkin Purée – I like using the pumpkin puree frozen for a thick smoothie consistency, but if you forget to freeze, no big deal. Use it as is.
- Vanilla Sugar Syrup – This is simply a mixture of water, granulated sugar and pure Vanilla extract. It is advisable to use liquid sweetener here so that it dissolves easily in the mixture. Granulated sugar doesn’t dissolve as fast in cold mixture like this. This can be substituted by Maple Syrup, Agave, or Honey for non-vegan option
- Vanilla Extract – for extra flavoring, but totally optional
- Pumpkin Pie Spice or All Spice – Add as much or less as you like to suit your preference, you can even omit it if you are not into Fall spices (like me)
Regular Smoothie, Non-Vegan Option
This is a Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie but you can definitely make it into a regular smoothie. Simply use regular full fat milk and you can even add some yogurt for extra protein. I used frozen banana and pumpkin purée for a thicker, smoother and cold smoothie. If you do not want it cold and less icy, you can use non frozen pumpkin purée but I highly recommend to at least leave the banana frozen. But then again, in the end it is your call.
What’s the Difference Between Pumpkin Pie Filling and Pumpkin Purée?
Pumpkin Pie Filling already have the fall spices (nutmeg, cinnamon etc) so You don’t really need to add more to get the flavor. It has a subtle flavor, which I personally prefer. You can always add more fall spices if You want the flavor to be stronger. Pumpkin Purée on the other hand is just a puree without the spices added, You can even make your own by simply boiling or Pumpkin and pureeing it in a blender. When You use Pumpkin Puree , You have to add Fall spices when you use it for baking.
Can I Use Pumpkin Pie Filling Instead?
Yes, in fact the first time I made this I used my leftover Pumpkin pie filling and it turned out amazing. I know that quite a lot of pumpkin smoothie recipe calls for pumpkin puree, but for me either way works just fine. Using pumpkin pie filling provided a more vibrant color an I find the consistency better. You can even mix both it is not a big deal. For me, this smoothie is a good recipe to use your leftover pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie filling.
Ok, let’s prepare for Fall and make this Pumpkin Smoothie
- 1 cup light Coconut Milk – chilled in the freezer at least 1 hour
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1/2 cup frozen Pumpkin Purée
- 2 tablespoon Vanilla Sugar Syrup (can be substitute by Maple Syrup Agave, or Honey)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Seed
- Shredded Coconut
- Chopped Pecan
- Coconut Whipped Cream
NOTE: Pumpkin spice is just a blend of 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon cloves, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg)
- Make the sugar syrup by simmering water, sugar and pure vanilla extract. Let simmer 10 minutes in low heat. Do not stir as stirring will make the sugar clump together. Turn off the heat once the sugar is fully dissolved and translucent. Transfer glass jar, set aside and let cool.
- Put all ingredients in a blender including the sugar syrup. Add the coconut milk first so the it blends easily. Blend until smooth. Stir as needed to allow even blending.
- Serve: Divide between 2 glasses garnish with pumpkin seed, shredded coconut, chopped pecan and coconut whipped cream
Note: For a thinner consistency, simply add more coconut milk or do not freeze the pumpkin puree
My Latest Video
- Smooth & Creamy Mango Lassi
- Strawberry Mango Slushie
- Single Serving Blueberry Ice Cream Float
- Papaya and Mango Slushie
- Watermelon and Lychee Slushie
- Raspberry Mango Smoothie, 3 Ways
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA