This Chicken with Kale and Sun-dried Tomato is a good option for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. A simple dish packed with flavor and a good doze of Kale and slices of sun-dried tomato for additional flavor.
When it comes to easy weeknight meals, anything with shrimp or chicken are my go to options. They are easy to cook, very versatile and flexible enough to make use of some leftover vegetables in my refrigerator. This chicken dinner made use of Kale and sun-dried tomato but can be replaced with other vegetables. Spinach or Bok Choy are great substitute. For sun-dried tomato, swap it with fresh Cherry Tomato and for lemon juice use lime instead or even a splash of your favorite cooking wine.
This is one easy recipe that could be a life saver for busy days. I like making a big batch of this for meal prep for the week, but often times this can be made just before dinner time. It is that easy! Give it a try.
- 1 tablespoon Sundried Tomato Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 2 Boneless Chicken Thighs (or 1 Large Chicken Breast) – cut into bite
- 1/4 tablespoon Red Chile Flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- 1/3 cup Onion – chopped
- 1/4 cup bottled Sun-dried Tomato in Oil – sliced in strips
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup Kale – chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Pesto
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the chicken, season with Italian seasoning, salt and peppers, and sauté until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- In the same pan, add the onion, garlic, pepper flakes and sun-dried tomato to the skillet. Sauté until the onions are starting to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in the kale and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the kale is just tender and wilted.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Squeeze lemon juice and stir to combine. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as needed.
Featured Video: Filipino Chicken Adobo
- Baked Doritos Crusted Chicken
- Chicken Tenders: Crispy and Not Greasy, So What’s the Secret?
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Spinach and Tomato
- Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
- [VIDEO] Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Salad
- Roasted Vegetable and Chicken Quinoa Bowls for Two
- Spicy Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Hawaiian Chicken Tacos
- [VIDEO] Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Skewers
- Chicken Wellington
- Spicy Chicken Potato Curry Empanada
- Chicken Mami (Chicken in Egg Noddle Soup)
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Puff Pastry Bites, Easy Holiday Appetizer
- One Pan Pesto Chicken with Asparagus and Tomato
- Stuffed Chicken Roll-Ups
- Spicy Thai Red Chicken Curry in Coconut Sauce
- Chicken with Tomatoes and Olives
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Your feedback helps me decide what to put on my next baking to do list. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA