This Veggie Fajita is nothing but boring. In fact, it’s the opposite. It taste really good, it got plenty of vegetables and it’s loaded with tons of flavor. You will never look at vegetarian fajita the same way again when you try this one.
Happy Meatless Monday guys! I’m excited to share with you our meatless dish for the week, it’s simple and easy but it really taste good and it’s loaded with my favorite veggies. Let me introduce you to Veggie Fajitas!
This Veggie Fajitas have enough or I should probably say more than enough vegetables to make it a filling meal. Mushrooms, red and green bell peppers, onion and corn, plus mix and match of spices made this simple Fajitas taste great. I honestly did not expect to taste this good, I was just throwing in vegetables that I have in my fridge and seasoning it with my favorite peppers. When I ate it, wow! So much flavor that I didn’t expect from a vegetarian Fajitas. I had ordered Vegetarian Fajitas before in restaurant and I told myself never again. It somehow lacks taste and flavor, and I ended up leaving not satisfied and even worst still hungry. I guess that experience got stuck in my mind when I was making this recipe. I kept repeating to myself “I want flavor, lots of nice flavor”. When making vegetarian dishes, taste becomes the major challenge and what I learned so far is that you have to season it well, because in general most vegetables do not have a taste on its own, it’s bland. So if you want a flavor vegetarian dish, you have to be generous with the seasonings. Which I did for this dish. I added spices and lots of pepper because for me peppers makes my dish better, hot stuff. But then If you are not into hot stuff, simply reduce the peppers, leave a small portion just to flavor the dish.
Now the cheese, don’t forget to add the cheese, it makes a huge difference having that melting gooey cheese on top. You can add more or less 1/3 – 1/2 cup of even more if you want too, that why you will get a thick cheesy melting toppings.
Although salsa is optional, if you can get your hands on one, use it. Again, flavor. I used my easy One Pan Homemade Jalapeño Salsa, simple and easy. Now that we got everything covered, grab some soft tortillas and fill it with this fajita, don’t forget to squeeze some lime juice on top, it makes a huge difference in the taste. Let me show you how I made this. Let’s get started!
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion – sliced
- 2 cups sliced Brown Mushroom or Oyster Mushroom
- 1/3 cup Corn Kernel
- 1/4 green Bell Pepper
- 1/4 red Bell Pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 small fresh Jalapeno – chopped (can be substituted with pickled jalapeno for non-spicy version)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Lime Wedge
- Soft Tortilla
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheese ( I used Marble Cheddar Cheese)
- Add olive oil to a heated pan, then add sliced mushrooms. Cook until water has evaporated. Add sliced onion, red and green bell peppers, corn and jalapeno pepper. Add salt, black pepper,chili flakes and sugar. Cook until vegetables are cook to your liking. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and cover the pan to allow the cheese to melt. Once cheese is melted, turn off the heat and add chopped cilantro and squeeze of 1/8 lime wedge
- Serve with soft tortilla and salsa.
My Latest Video
- Tomato Jalapeno Salsa
- Chickpea and Tofu Peanut Lettuce Wrap
- Avocado Tuna Wrap
- Crunchy Baked Tofu Wrap
- Black Bean and Avocado Quesadilla
- Mediterranean Chicken and Chickpea Wrap
- Mushroom and Spinach Omelette Enchiladas
- Avocado and Shrimp Salsa
- Veggie Fajitas
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
LikeLiked by 1 person