This moist decadent chocolate cake is a quick and easy fix to your chocolate cake craving. It is super easy to make, super soft and moist, and super decadent beyond words. A simple chocolate cake frosted with simple and easy chocolate ganache. Sometimes the simple things are the best things in life, like this cake.
I cannot stop thinking about chocolate cake … I just want to have a chocolate cake and I want it now. That was what I kept on dreaming these past few days. So I made these 2 mini chocolate cakes and made my dream come true. It was such a happy feeling, eating every spoonful of this chocolate cake and savoring every bit of the chocolate frosting. Dream come true, now let me share my dream come true to you and make your dream come true too 🙂 Sharing is caring, so let me share with you this decadent chocolate cake, just for the two of you, or just for you if you do not feel like sharing.Words are not enough to express how much I love this chocolate cake. Lately, I had been obsessed in making small batch recipes, I am head over heels in love with them. Gone were the days when I have to make an entire 8 or 9-inch cake just to satisfy my chocolate cake craving. Imagine a 9-inch cake for someone like me who live alone, it was a torture. It totally ruined the fun of enjoying the cake, because after one or two slices, I was staring at the remaining cake thinking what to do with the remaining 6 slices, or how to squeeze it inside my fridge.
My solution was always to bring the rest at work, and share it with my friends. I don’t mind doing that, in fact I love sharing my bake goodies to them. But sometimes, I just want to not bother about left over, storage or how to carry them at work. I just want a quick, decadent cake that I can have immediately, enjoy every bite of it and look forward to having the rest of 1 serving to myself. It feels so good!
That is exactly how I felt about this ramekins chocolate cakes. Two servings, no more no less. It’s just perfect. This cake has a soft and moist texture, just because it was not baked in traditional baking pan doesn’t mean it is lacking the qualities of a real decadent chocolate cake. It is a real chocolate cake, just like the big one, only this one is smaller and just for me. Want to know how I made this? Let’s talk about it.
Why Bake In a Ramekin?
Ramekins are a great option for baking small batch cake, soups, savory items, muffins, oatmeal, pasta and so much more. It is a perfect single serve portion so there is less chance of leftover and waste. The best thing about it, you can serve it as is, on the ramekin and no need to remove the cake from the ramekin. Plus in case you still have leftover, it is a lot easier to squeeze it in the refrigerator while keeping the shape of the cake intact. In case you need to warm it up, you can re-heat it straight from the ramekin. Pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds and enjoy!
Tips in Baking in Ramekin Dish
- Although ramekin is freezer safe, when using it to freeze single serving dishes, Do NOT take the ramekins out of the freezer and place it directly into a heated oven. You can either take it out from the freezer and move to the refrigerator to being the temperature down or leave in counter top for at least 30 minutes. You can also put it in the an unheated and allow the oven and the ramekin to heat simultaneously.
- Do NOT run a cold water to a heated ramekin as the sudden change of temperature could cause the ramekin to crack.
- Do NOT use ramekin in direct heat, like on top of burner or stove top.
- To be safe, always read packaging for the limitations of the ramekin in terms of heat, how high you can use it in the oven.
How to Make Mini Chocolate Cake in Ramekins
When you check the detailed instructions below, you might say ‘that’s it?”. Yes, that’s it! It is super easy it is basically 2 major steps which are mixing the wet ingredients first, then adding the dry ingredients next. How difficult could that be? You do not even need a mixer to make this, and everything is mix in one bowl. It is that simple. A one bowl, no mixer needed, chocolate cake for two. I used a 3-inch ramekin which came out perfect which enough allowance on top for the frosting, or even sliced fresh fruits whenever I feel like it. better yet, ice cream please!
Featured Video – Classic Chocolate Ganache
I love using chocolate ganache for chocolate cakes, even more when I am making a small batch cake. They are so easy to make, with only few easy to find ingredients. But this doesn’t mean you cannot use other frosting, of course you can. I do encourage you to try the chocolate ganache first, it is just beyond words decadent, plus it is so easy to to make and you do not need any mixer. If you feel like other frosting, check more frosting recipe HERE for inspirations.
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon flavorless Oil
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- 1 tablespoon warm Coffee (or Water)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 large Egg Yolk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Ganache , melted chocolate or any desired frosting
Leftover egg white can be used to make these treats:
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray 2 6-ounce ramekins with cooking spray. Set aside while you make the batter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: the egg yolk, milk, oil, vanilla, and coffee (or water).
- To the wet ingredients, Sift together dry ingredients: the sugar, all purpose-flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and pinch of salt. Stir gently just enough to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the two 3-inch ramekins.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 2 6-ounce ramekins: 23 – 25 minutes
- 5.5-inch round pan: 25 minutes
- Let Cool completely before adding frosting
- Make Chocolate Ganache (or any frosting) and pour or decorate on top of the cake.
Recipe adapted from: Dessert For Two
My Latest Video
- One Bowl, Eggless and Butterless Orange Chocolate Cake
- [VIDEO] Chocolate Brownie Tart
- Valentines Chocolate Cake
- Small Batch Black Forest Brownie Cake
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake For Two
- Chocolate Cake for Two, The Beauty of Small Batch
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache Frosting (Small Batch)
- Flourless Chocolate Almond Torte
- One Bowl Chocolate Cake, No Egg and No Butter!
- Small Batch Eclair (Makes 5)
- Small Batch Brownie A la Mode, Simply Decadent
- Simply Perfect Chocolate Cupcakes
- [VIDEO] Chocolate Brownie Tart
- Small Batch 4 Ingredients Flourless Chocolate Cake – Decadent Chocolate Cake That is Easy to Make
- Microwave No Bake Chocolate Mug Cake
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Chiffon Cake
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA