Happy Easter! Come Get the Eggs!
This Italian Easter Bread is going to be the star in your table. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, bring it on! This bread was made using my all-around-bread dough recipe that you can use for making both sweet and Savory bread. When I say all-around, it is really all-around. I’ve used it to make my well love dinner rolls, burger buns and load bread recipes, and now this one.
I saw this bread when I was looking for treats to make for Easter, and I thought why not? I love bread and I have an All Around Dinner Roll Bread recipe that would be perfect for this Italian Bread, so I decided to give it a go.Often times, for Easter, I post quick and easy treats. I know this will qualify as quick and easy, but it qualify as delicious so I guess it is worth sharing and making. After all, what is a few more exerted effort for such a beautiful, inviting and delicious Easter Bread for breakfast.
This bread was inspired by Italian Easter Bread but I’m calling it my version. I am not Italian at all and so let’s just call this my Easter Italian Twist Bread. Instead making one huge braided bread with painted hard boiled eggs stuck in the braid, this version makes 3 smaller pieces, more like single portion. This is a small batch recipe, but you can definitely make it into one huge bread, or you can make more by using my big batch measurement.
How to Make Italian Easter Bread
Start by making the bread dough. I used my All-Around Bread Dough, but if you have your own favorite bread dough recipe then you can also use that. But I do encourage you to try this All-Around Bread Dough. You will do the usual
- proofing of the yeast
- kneading the dough
- resting the dough for 1 hour
- Shaping and braiding the bread
- Resting the dough another 30 minutes
- Baking the bread
I have the step by step instructions below so do not worry, I am just giving you the summary here
All-Around Bread Dough
I used my All-Around Bread Dough to make this Italian Easter Bread but you can also use any bread dough recipe that you have. This bread dough is easy to make and can be made with or without a stand mixer. Be warned though that breadmaking without a mixer is a bit more work and exercise for your arms. But it is worth the effort and time, trust me. I used to shy away from homemade bread and now I am head over heels in love with it. In fact, If am to choose one specialty, I would go for breadmaking. It is often a long process and wait, but it is worth the wait. So if you haven’t try making your own bread at home, just this recipe a try. Who knows, you might end up liking it too.
How to Serve Italian Easter Bread
For the Easter theme, I like adding Easter candy eggs in the middle, like an extra treat, almost like a small piece of dessert after eating the bread. This is optional, but I have to say they make a good presentation, plus I like eating this Easter chocolates anyway.
This Easter Bread can be served with anything. Serve It with jam, butter, eggs or just simply have on its own. You can even slice it into half (horizontally) and use it f
- All-Around Bread Dough (Use the 6 pieces measurement)
- Easter Chocolate Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Icing Sugar
- Make the Dough: Prepare the bread dough using my All-Around Bread Dough Recipe
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions then divide each portion into 2.
- Shape each portion into a log of 12-inches. Twist the two log together and then pinch the end. Bring the two ends together to form a round twisted bread.
- Let Rest 2nd Time: Leave for 30 minutes before baking. Lightly dust top with flour.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350F for 13 minutes or until the top turns brown.
- Let Cool completely then dust top with icing sugar
- Serve and garnish with Easter chocolate eggs
Makes 3-4 small breads
Poem of the Day
Hallelujah! Christ Arose! (Margaret Cagle)
Furry bunnies and Easter eggs
Are for children to have fun,
But will they hear the story
Of God’s holy resurrected Son?
Baskets and chocolate bunnies
May also enter the Easter scenes,
But let’s make sure the children
Know what Easter really means.
Christ Jesus died for our sins,
But that’s not the end of the story.
He arose from the dead and the grave
Before He soon went back to Glory.
The Easter season is a good time
To let Jesus’ light shine through.
Tell others that He died for us,
And that He was resurrected too.
Yes, the Savior died for everyone.
This is what I have already said,
But praise God! And hallelujah!
He also rose up from the dead!
May God bless us all at Easter.
It is a happy time of the year,
When we celebrate the Resurrection
Of our precious Savior so dear.
Happy Easter to Everyone ♥♥
- Small Batch Easter Chocolate Avocado Cake
- Small Batch Easter Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
- Small Batch Easter Caramel Egg Brownie
- Small Batch Easter M&M Cookies
- Egg FREE All Around Bread Dough: Italian Easter Chocolate Egg Bread
- Easter Bark Chocolates
- Small Batch Easter Fudge Brownie Bites
- [VIDEO] Small Batch EASTER Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Small Batch Easter Egg Nest Meringue Cookies
- Small Batch Hot Cross
- Marshmallow Pretzel Bark Chocolate
- Chocolate Coated Marshmallow
- Orange Hot Cross Buns
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYCLING ON SOCIAL MEDIA