A light hearty healthy Shrimp and Avocado Stack Quinoa Salad perfect for an impressive appetizer or a light lunch when you do not have time for a long lunch time.
Hi guys! Today I am excited to share with you my recent food obsession, stack salad, like this Shrimp Avocado Stack. 3 Layers of amazing flavor and texture.
Why are they called stack salad?
Because the Ingredients and piled on top of each other to make a stack. I first saw this served in a restaurant and it definitely caught my attention. I love how attractive and eye catching the presentation, plus it taste good for something so simple to make at home. The best thing in making this at home, you can change what goes in each layers, plus it is more budget. You get to make more for a cheaper price. They price this quite expensive in restaurant. So I thought this will be a good one to share with you guys, so let’s talk about this recipe.
- First Layer: Grains or Seeds. For the first layer, I always like to use any type of grains. The likes of white rice, brown rice, sushi rice, wild rice, Quinoa or couscous. It’s a good way to make this light meal a little bit filling for lunch or a stop gap sort of meal until I have time to get a full lunch.
- Second Layer: Avocado – I often add Avocado as one of the layers. I like the creaminess that it gives to the stack salad.
- Third Layer: Spicy Shrimp – There are other options if you do not like shrimp. Salmon, tuna, grilled chicken are all good options.
- Fourth Layer: Garnishing – Presentation matters, and garnishing would really help do the job. Use colorful vegetables to create a nice pop of color, or use fresh herbs to add freshness, the likes of Basil, Mint, Parsley and Cilantro are my favorite herbs for garnishing. Nuts and seeds also give additional texture.
Just like any salad, a side or drizzle of dressing will be nice. I made some sriracha mayonnaise for this one, you can use vinaigrette, or simple drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Serve this with salad or soup on the side and you got yourself a fancy looking delicious lunch that will surely make you happy.
- 100g Shrimp – cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 large Avocado – diced
- 1/4 cup uncooked Quinoa – Any variety of Quinoa will work
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Red Radish
- Mix greens
- Toasted sesame seed
- Sriracha Mayo
- Cook the Quinoa as per package instructions
- Cook the Shrimp: Cut the shrimp into small pieces. Transfer peeled shrimp in a bowl. Add paprika, garlic powder, red chili flakes and salt. Drizzle oil in a heated pan. Add the seasoned shrimp and cook until no longer translucent. Set aside.
- Make the Stack Salad: Use a 4-inch ring as a guide to stack the salad. Press the quinoa as the bottom layer. Followed by diced Avocado and finally cooked shrimp. To garnish, top with shrimp, sliced radish and toasted black and white sesame seed.
- Alternatively, if you do not have this aluminum ring, you can use a ramekin dish of similar size. Cover the inside of ramekin with plastic wrap for easy removal. Layer in reverse because you need to flip it when you lift the plastic wrap. Start shrimp first, then avocado and quinoa. Wrap with plastic wrap. Flip upside down. Transfer in a plate and remove the plastic wrap.
- Serve with drizzle of salad dressing of your choice, and some side salad
- Sweet Potato and Toasted Quinoa Bowl
- Avocado and Shrimp Salsa
- Avocado and Basil Pesto Spaghetti
- Stir-Fry Shrimp and Zucchini
- Edemame Shrimp Salad
- Quinoa and Mushroom with Egg Bowl
- Avocado Tuna Salad
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Butternut Squash and Chickpea Soup
- Asparagus Soup
My Latest Video:
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA