Soft and moist Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffin is a great way to welcome and enjoy Fall season. A moist muffin topped with swirled tangy cream cheese on top and baked until golden brown.
Every year, I try to make pumpkin desserts and dishes to enjoy during the Fall season. I shared quite a lot last year and this year, I would like to do the same. One of my favorite Pumpkin baked goods that I made last year was the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread. It was so good that I promised myself I will make it again the following year. I wanted to use the same recipe because why change something that is already perfect. However, I want to present it in a different way, just to jazz it up and give it a new look. So I decided to use the same recipe to make it into muffin. It was perfect! The same soft and moist bread topped with cream cheese swirl, but this time served as muffin.
- Muffin is a great option as it serves individually
- Muffin packs easily if you want to have it grab and go
- Muffin are easy to store and freeze
- Muffin bakes faster as they are smaller in size
What to Like About Fall
- Fall is the time to cozy up in my sofa with my warm delicious Pumpkin Oatmeal while watching my favorite show in Netflix
- Fall is the opportunity to make delicious soup
- Fall colors are mesmerizing beautiful, perfect for photography and
- Fall and warm oatmeal, oh bring it on 🙂
- Fall baking is awesome, talk about pies
- When I list this down, it’s not that bad at all so shall we all welcome Fall now with this delicious Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread?
Why I Love this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Muffin
- Ultra moist and soft. You can tell as soon as you start slicing it. Yes, just by slicing, tell me if I’m wrong.
- Nice right amount of flavor, nothing too overwhelming specially for people who do not like strong fall spice flavor
- It’s super easy to make
- Great recipe for anyone who hasn’t done any baking
- The batter is so flexible, you can use it to make it into a bread loaf, like this ONE
- Last but not the least, it taste absolutely amazing!
What’s the Difference Between Pumpkin Pie Filling and Pumpkin Purée?
Pumpkin Pie Filling already have the fall spices (nutmeg, cinnamon etc) so You do not really need to add more to get the flavor. It has a very subtle flavor, which I personally prefer. You can always add more fall spices if You want the flavor to be stronger. Pumpkin Purée on the other hand is just a puree without the spices added. You can even make your own by simply boiling or Pumpkin and pureeing it in a blender.
When You use Pumpkin Puree , You have to had Fall spices. I find that the Pumpkin Pie Filling is the better option because I do not keep stock of most of Fall spices, this way I don’t have to buy it and just let it sitting in my storage. I did not test this using Pumpkin purée, so I cannot give you the measurement of how much Fall spices you should add. In case you do, let me know and I would be happy to mention it in this post.
Can I Bake this in loaf pan?
Yes you can. In fact, the first time I made this last year I baked it in a loaf pan and it came out absolutely beautiful and of course delicious. It was as good as when baked as a muffin. What I like about making it in a loaf pan is I can slice it thin to thick and they make a good addition for breakfast item in the table. People can just slice up a piece if they want one. Any leftover I can keep to myself, even freeze it for later snacking.
The ingredients are the same, except probably with some flavoring and spices that I added in the muffin and not when I made it in a loaf. I am talking about adding small amount of vanilla extract in the cream cheese and cinnamon powder in the muffin batter. I am not a huge fan of fall spices so I often keep it small amount. Feel free to add nutmeg, more cinnamon powder or other fall spices that you love. I also modify the process a bit when I made the muffin. Instead of creaming the sugars and egg first before adding oil and milk, all add all of them together and beat them for 7 minutes. The texture of the muffin is as soft and moist s the loaf style. Next year, my plan is ti make this same recipe as a sheet cake with cream cheese swirl. This just show how easy and versatile this recipe. Whichever you choose, loaf or muffin, you will not regret it.
What are the Ingredients to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread?
- All Purpose Flour – Perfect kind of flour for quick bread like this
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda – to give nice lift and height to the bread
- Cinnamon Powder – totally optional but it enhances and gave a nice fall flavor
- Salt – it is always nice to add salt to bread for additional taste
- Sugar – for sweetness and moisture
- Pumpkin Pie Filling – for pumpkin flavor. It also helps make the bread moist
- Vanilla Extract – for flavoring, totally optional.
- Milk – The batter is going to be thick and heavy, and an addition of milk will make it lighter
- Oil – for extra moisture, it also keeps the bread soft
- Egg – for texture and structure of bread
- Cream Cheese – for the cream cheese swirl on top
- Vanilla Extract – optional but if you have it, use it
How Do You Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread?
This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread is a quick bread, which means it is really quick to make.
- Make the Cream Cheese Mixture: Mix the softened cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. It is very important to use a softened cream cheese so that it mix easily. Simply take out the cream cheese from the refrigerator and leave it on the counter for 1 hour. For the egg, beat one egg and then measure 2 tablespoon from it. It is a amount of egg, but even that small amount is important as it helps the cream cheese to set properly.
- Work on the wet ingredients. Beat the brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg, milk and oil. This process helps produce a soft bread as the creaming incorporates air into the mixture. You want to get to the point wherein the mixture turned into pale yellow color and very smooth and fluid. It took me about 7 minutes to get to this stage, be patient even if if takes more than 7 minutes. To the creamed mixture, add the pumpkin pie filling then just mix to combine.
- Next, move on to the dry ingredients. Sift together all-purpose flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Once those two steps are done, add the dry ingredients onto the wet ingredients and gently mix until distributed, again, do not over mix please.
- Divide in the Muffin Tin: Divide the batter into 7 or 98 muffins. Fill each muffin liner halfway, add cream cheese filling, cover with muffin batter and top with more cream cheese. Run a pointed object (like toothpick, chopstick, knife) in a swirl movement to create the swirl pattern on top.
- Bake. Bake in 2 temperature. First 400F for 5 minutes, then at 350F for 23 minutes.
Tips in Making Pumpkin Muffin
- Use room temperature Egg and Milk: Since you will need to beat this together to achieve a light and runny consistency, it will be best that these ingredients are at room temperature. Cold ingredients will not mix easily
- Use soften Cream Cheese – Remove the cream cheese for the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before using it. It has to be soft (but not melting) so it mix well with the sugar
- Dividing the Batter: To easily estimate the amount of batter to put in each muffin, scoop the batter to all 7 or 8 muffin liners half way full, then fill with cream cheese the cover with remaining batter
- I made 7 muffin which produces a slight muffin top. If you prefer no excess muffin outside the liner, make it to 8 pieces. That will make a more level not to full muffin
- 1/4 cup Flavorless Oil
- 3 tablespoon Full Fat Milk
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg – room temperature
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 8 oz Plain Cream Cheese (in the box) – take out from the refrigerator 30 minutes before using
- 2 tablespoon Egg ( Beat 1 egg and take 2 tablespoon)
- 2 tablespoon granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Line 8 or 9 muffin liner in the muffin tin. Set aside.
- Make the Cream Cheese Filling: In a bowl, mix cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside
- Wet Ingredients: Beat the the oil, milk, sugars and egg until pale in color, about 7 minutes. Add the pumpkin pie filling mix until just combined.
- Dry Ingredients: Sift together the flour, sugar, cinnamon powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Dry Ingredients + Wet Ingredients: Mix until fully combined. Stop as soon as no more visible flour, do NOT over mix to avoid getting a tough muffin.
- Transfer fill each muffin tin halfway. Fill the center with 1 tbsp cream cheese filling. Cover with more muffin batter. Top with more cream cheese filling. Run a chopstick (or any pointed object) on top on a swirl movement.
- Bake at 400F degrees for 5 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350F and back for another 23 minutes. Let cool completely before serving. This will give a better texture.
Makes 7 – 8 regular size muffin
My Latest Video
- Pumpkin & Raisins Buttermilk Biscuit
- Pumpkin Cornmeal Mini Muffins
- Pumpkin Soda Bread
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Pancake
- Pumpkin Blueberry Muffin
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Honey Pumpkin Bread Rolls
- 10 Fall Favorite Recipes
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Ingredient Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Smoothie
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bread
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Categories: Baking, Muffins, Recipe, Video, Video Recipes
These look delicious and light!
LikeLiked by 1 person
The batter is very versatile, I’ve use this same batter to make a loaf and a cake
LikeLiked by 1 person