Hey guys! If you like making chocolate chip cookies, then you are going to love this recipe. This is even better than making regular cookie because you don’t need hand mixer or stand mixer to make this, this is a one bowl mixing recipe, quick and so easy!
This uses the same ingredients as chocolate chip cookie, but with different proportions since this is going to be bake in a pan. I used skillet pan but a pie pan, a round pan and even square pan will work too. This can be served on its own, or with whipped cream, but my favorite way is with vanilla ice cream. Let’s get started!
Note: I used half whole wheat , half All purpose flour for a little bit healthier option. The texture is more grainy and crumby rather than smooth and dense. I had also tried using pure All-purpose flour and it gave a dense and smooth texture which I like better. Go for your preference and follow what your body is telling you 🙂
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (Should be soft enough to manually mix)
- 1/3 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled) – Can be made with half whole wheat flour and half All purpose, but the texture will be grainy and crumby rather than smooth and dense.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks – ChipIts Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips, Lindt 70% Chocolate or ChipIts Dark Chocolate Chips are good options.
- Chocolate Ganache – Optional
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Transfer to a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or pie pan or round pan or square pan and smooth top.
- Bake until cookie is golden brown and just set in the center, 18 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Optional : Pour Chocolate Ganache on top.
Makes 8 slices
Nutella Variation: You can also put Nutella in the middle. Just divide the dough into 2, distribute the 1st half in the pan and add Nutella in the middle, then cover with the remaining cookie dough.
Reminder : Baking time varies depending on pan size use, if you use smaller pan, that means it will be thicker and will need more baking time , around 10 – 15 minutes more, or until the top turns brown while the center is still slightly soft.
Note: If you do not have a skillet pan, you can also bake this using a pie pan, or a regular round cake pan, or even square pan. I used a mini pie pan in the photo below.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥
Recipe Adapted from Martha Stewart with my minor modifications