It’s SOUP time!
This Italian Sausage and Potato Stew is a filling and satisfying soup that will keep you warm on cold rainy or Winter days. It has sausage and potato and a thick tomato based sauce, almost like a stew.
Keep yourself warm with these soup. Whether you like it meaty or no meat, creamy or broth style there is something for you in one of these 12 soup. Check them out.
I found quite a lot of sausages in my freezer when I was looking for something to cook. I eat sausage from time to time, for breakfast and couple of times for snack. Although I like having sweet stuff for breakfast, sometimes there are days when all I want is something warm, hearty and filling but still something that says “it’s breakfast” time. Will you find it weird if I tell you that I eat soup for breakfast? Some people may find it weird because soup could be too heavy for breakfast. In my case, I like it because it’s a good source of something hot aside from my normal green tea which is basically water. I could go as light as Egg Drop Soup, or something creamy like my Creamy Mushroom Soup, or something meatless and hearty like Minestrone Soup.
I call this recipe Sausage Stew, sometimes I call it Sausage Soup depending on how thick or runny I want the sauce. On days that I prefer a more soup like consistency, I’ll go light on the broth. On days that I feel like something heavy and thick sauce, I’ll go for something like a stew. Either way, they taste great, because regardless how I want to have it, it always have huge pieces of my favorite sausage.
There is nothing complicated on how I made this. That’s a good thing about a stew, it’s really difficult to mess it up because all you need to do is just saute and simmer everything until the ingredients are tender to your liking. I even do other stuff while this cooks, although it only needs 30-45 minutes cook time. It wouldn’t really require much of your time. The way I enjoy this is with a bread, the likes of Rosemary Dinner Rolls or Soft Garlic Bread or just and sometimes when I am really hungry over a steamed white rice. Let me show you how simple this is. Let’s get started!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 spicy sausage (or any sausage you prefer, but don’t use the canned sausage)
- 1 small white onion – chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 small potato – diced
- 1 small carrots – diced
- 1/4 cup celery – chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 medium size tomato – chopped
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cups broth
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings or a combination of herbs and spices that you like (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary etc.)
- In a heated pan, add sliced sausages and cook until browned, bout 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, onion and cooked for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant and the onion is translucent.
- Add potato, carrots, celery, tomato sauce, chopped fresh tomato, salt, chili flakes, sugar, Italian seasoning and broth. Simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until you get the consistency that you like.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
Nutritional Information was calculated without bread
- 12 Fall Soup To Keep You Warm
- Italian Herbs Bread Roll
- Rosemary Dinner Rolls
- Homemade Soft Bread Bowl
- [VIDEO] Egg Drop Corn Soup
- [VIDEO] Creamy Potato & Shrimp Chowder
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Your feedback helps me decide what to put on my next baking to do list. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.