This easy prep Salmon and Asparagus Foil Pack is absolutely delicious. It’s super juicy and it comes around in less than 1 hour. Pack it at night, leave it in the refrigerator and grill or bake it the following day. Having a delicious meal is not as difficult when you have this foil pack meal prep.
Looking for the best way to cook Salmon? Foil pack is the way to go.
- It is juicy and moist
- It cooks fast
- It’s a super easy and simple method
- It’s no fuzz! No need to monitor it, simply take it out of the oven when the oven timer alarms
- Can be prepared ahead of time
Foil pack meals are my absolute favorite, it’s super quick, super easy and produces the best juicy delicious meal in just a short period of time. I love Salmon and I love it however I choose to cook it. Whether I grill it, bake it, and sear it, for me it’s just the kind of meal that I can eat over and over again. But cooking the Salmon in foil is so far the best method for me. Foil pack meals tends to be very juicy. It’s almost like steam method, but unlike steaming, foil pack are not cooked with steam coming from a water underneath. Foil pack retains it juiciness by just being wrap in a foil while it cooks. The juice coking from the vegetables and the meat itself it what creates the steam. So meat is cook with the steam, and since it was wrapped in a foil, the juice is trapped inside keeping the meat moist and juicy.
What You need to make this Asparagus and Salmon Foil Pack
- Salmon – if using frozen, make sure to completely thaw before baking. NEVER use a frozen Salmon
- Asparagus– If you can find the big and thick Asparagus, that would be the best so that it doesn’t get over cooked easily. You can also substitute it with other vegetables like mushroom, bell pepper, broccoli
- Spices: Salt, pepper, oregano and garlic for taste
- Lemon – Very important to reduce the “fishy” after taste and for flavor
- Butter – Gives wonderful flavor to the Salmon. If you don’t want to use butter, substitute with Olive Oil instead
- Balsamic Vinegrette– this competes the taste of the dish.
- Brown Sugar – adds sweetness but Not too much
This dish is absolute my favorite. It felt like the first time every time I eat it. I’m always surprise how juicy it was and how fresh it taste. It perfect light meal, satisfying and filling. I’ll never get tired of this.
How To Make Salmon and Asparagus Foil Pack
As you can see from the video, this is a very simple recipe.
- Prepare the Vegetables: You use other vegetables you like, for instance broccoli, bell peppers are also nice.
- Melt the Butter and Spices: This distributes the spices easier and ti adds flavor to the butter
- Arrange Salmon and Vegetable in the Foil then Wrap: I like to some lemon slices at the bottom and on top, this makes the Salmon juicier and moist. Arranging the vegetables on top also keeps the moisture and steam providing a juicy foil pack.
- Bake: On the average, it would take about 20 -25 minutes. Make sure to check if the Salmon is cook through, sometimes when it is thick it needs more time to cook.
- 1 Salmon
- 1 Lemon – thinly sliced
- 200g Asparagus – hard end remove
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Melt Butter: In a small bowl, microwave butter, oregano and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Wrap Salmon in Foil: Arrange 3 slices of lemon in the middle of aluminum foil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the Salmon. Lay the Salmon on top of the lemon, sprinkle brown sugar and arrange the Asparagus on both sides. Pour melted butter and more slices of lemon on top. Wrap the Salmon with the foil, making sure to seal the ends to avoid the juice from coming out.
- Bake or grill at 350F for 20 – 25 minutes. Make sure to check if the Salmon is cook through, baking time depends on the size and thickness of the Salmon.
- Serve: Squeeze lemon juice and pour balsamic vinegar on top.
For a large serving, simply double of triple the ingredients and pack separately in a foil.
- Small Batch Grilled Sausage and Shrimp Foil Pack
- Pan Seared Salmon with Roasted Veggie and Quinoa
- Grilled Salmon and Mixed Veggie Foil Pack, ready in 30 minutes!
- Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts Shrimp Stir Fry
- Grilled Chimichurri Chicken with Roasted Veggie
- Simply Fresh Pesto Rice
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.