I am getting really obsessed making frozen treats. The hot weather last week inspired me to make the Fruit Medley Sorbet . Today, I cannot use the weather as an excuse. It’s 13 C, not really hot. Well, it really doesn’t matter, hot or cold, rain or shine frozen treats is always on my menu. To satisfy my cravings for something chocolatey, I decided to make this Chocolate Fudge Banana Frozen Yogurt. This is as quick and easy to make as the Fruit Medley Sorbet and Cantaloupe Sorbet. Few ingredients and No machine needed. Let’s get started!
- 2 frozen medium (2 cups/10oz/280g) banana frozen
- 3 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp plain yogurt (greek, non-fat or full fat)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (sifted)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Optional: 3 tbsp Chocolate Syrup (Can be store bought or you can melt your favorite chocolate)
- Add the frozen bananas, honey (or agave nectar), yogurt, cocoa powder and vanilla extract into a food processor or blender.
- Process until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the side of the bowl to make sure there are no lumps left.
- Add the chocolate syrup or melted chocolate.
- Swirl with few strokes, do not mix thoroughly. You want the chocolate to make a marble effect and not to be totally mixed.
- Transfer it to an airtight freezable container and freeze for a minimum 6 hours but preferably overnight. Store it in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Good to know:
- For a stronger chocolate flavor, start with 1/4 cup cocoa powder and add 1 tbsp at a time until you are satisfied with the flavor.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe!♥
Recipe Adapted from : Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking
Categories: Frozen Treats