I don’t needs 12 slices of brownies when all I want is just to satisfy my cravings. This is why this recipe is perfect for small brownie cravings or for emergency desert. It is very quick to prepare, one bowl mixing and you are done! I did not have to wait long, all it takes is 30 minutes and I got myself a brownie.
I had used this as base for my Chocolate Mousse Cake, or for Brownie Alamode (just like what in the photo) or just as plain simple brownie. This is a basic must have recipe for any one who is into baking, a recipe that is worth keeping. Let’s get started!
- 1 Egg (room temperature)
- 4 tbsp butter – slightly melted
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 300F. Spray a 8 by 4-inch bread pan (don’t use a 9 by 5 or they’ll be too thin) or a 5 by 5 square pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave until 2/3 of the way melted, about 25 seconds. Mix in sugar, stirring until butter is fully melted, then mix in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour and cocoa powder and mix just until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven until set, about 15 – 20 minutes. Do not over bake. Start checking 5 minutes before the minimum time, you want the center to still be a little bit soft while the edges starts to lift away from the side.
Note : For a more richly chocolate brownie, use 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 3 Tbsp flour.
Recipe Adapted from: Cooking Classy
Thank you for visiting my website. If you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button or share this post with your friends.