I love Shorbread Cookie. Its simple to make with few basic ingredients and it taste really good. I love it plain or chocolate coated like my Chocolate Ganache Shortbread Cookie. I love the smooth texture of this cookie and the buttery and creamy taste. I had been using this Shortbread Pie Crust whenever I make my Chocolate Banana Shortbread Tart. The hard and crunchy texture is perfect to hold filling like Pastry Cream or Chocolate Buttercream Whipped Frosting. This is a very handy recipe to have. Let’s get started!
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (35 grams) confectioners sugar (powdered or icing sugar)
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) cold unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- Lightly butter, or spray with a non stick vegetable spray, an 6, 8 or 9 inch (18,20,23 cm) tart pan with a removable bottom.
- In your food processor, place the flour, sugar, and salt and process to combine.
- Add the cold butter and pulse until the pastry starts to come together and form clumps.
- Transfer the pastry to the prepared pan and, using your fingertips, evenly press the pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of the pan. (Can use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface of the pastry.)
- Gently pierce the bottom of the crust with the tines of a fork. (This will prevent the pastry crust from puffing up while it bakes.)
- Cover and place the pastry crust in the freezer for 15 minutes to chill. (This will help prevent the crust from shrinking while it bakes.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in the center of the oven.
- Place the tart pan on a larger baking sheet and bake the crust until golden brown, about 20 – 25 minutes or until the edge starts to brown
- . Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. It is now ready to be filled.
- If desired, seal the cooled crust with melted chocolate. The shortbread crust can be covered and stored for a few days.
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like”button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥
Recipe adapted from: Joy of Baking