I had been buying and enjoying fresh strawberries these last few days. Summer just ended, and today is the first day of fall but I am still trying to stretch summer a little bit more by enjoying whatever summer fruits still available in the market.
I have this huge box of fresh strawberries and I was thinking of what to do with it. Then, I remembered that I just made my Vanilla Ogura Cake. This cake is so beautiful, and it taste great too! I have a separate post for this cake, check it out and you will fall in love with it too! I know that they are so beautiful to be covered, but I cannot resist using the beautiful, fresh and big strawberries that I have in my fridge.
Then I thought of Strawberry Short Cake! So I decided to make this cake. Oh, it is so beautiful and sinfully delicious!! The smooth, moist and soft Vanilla Ogura Cake match perfectly with fresh strawberries and Homemade Whipped Cream. You have to try it and make it. Let’s get started!
- Vanilla Ogura Cake or any Vanilla flavored cake. Cake can be baked ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
- Whipped Cream (Store-bought is ok too, but if you want homemade, click on the link)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberry for filling and decorating
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tbsp Granulated White Sugar
- Cut few strawberries into small pieces. I used 6-inch cake, so I only need 3-4 pieces large strawberries to fill my cake center.
- Add 1 tsp granulated white sugar to the strawberries. Taste your strawberries to know if you need to increase the sugar. Mine is sweet enough, so I do not need much sugar. Set aside in the fridge.
- Prepare the Vanilla Ogura Cake. The cake can be made ahead of time and store in the fridge. You can also use any vanilla cake.
- Cut the cake into half.
- Prepare Whipped Cream. Whipped cream can be made 2-3 days ahead of time and store in the fridge.
- Spread Whipped Cream in between the cake half.
- Arrange strawberries in the middle of the cake.
- Cover with Whipped Cream.
- Cover with other half of the cake.
- Cover the entire cake with Whipped Cream, or decorate as desired.
- Top with slices of fresh strawberries.
Good to know:
- Vanilla Ogura Cake and Whipped Cream can be made ahead of time, which leaves you only the decorating part that can be done on the day that you need to serve the cake.
- Refrigerate any leftover. Cake can be stored ideally 3-5 days.
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like”button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥