Let me show you how easy it is to make your own puff pastry at home. Watch till the end to see what can make with this puff pastry. Enjoy!
I was not kidding when I said I Love Puff Pastry in my Homemade Puff Pastry post. Since I started making my own Homemade Puff Pastry, I had been making both sweet and savory Homemade Puff Pastry dessert almost every week. I am so excited and there are a lot of recipes and ideas running through my mind right now.
This week recipe is so crunchy and nutty delicious. You will definitely go nuts with this Going Bana-Nuts Pizza Puff! When I think about pizza, first thing that comes into my mind are cheese, meat and veggies. There’s nothing wrong with them, I love savory foods, in fact, I love pizza. It’s my all time favorite food, and all time all around food, except that I cannot have it for dessert.
Well, this is where this amazing Going Bana-Nuts Pizza Puff comes in. It’s a sweet style free from desert pizza puff. A very simple, but super delicious easy to make dessert that is definitely a crowd pleaser. Regardless if you use my Homemade Puff Pastry or you use a Store bought one, this desert will come out amazing.
The combination of these ingredients are just so perfect. The flavor of the ripe bananas were even more enhanced by the Chocolate Ganache and Salted Caramel Sauce. The chopped pistachios gave crunch and texture, but most of all, the crispy layers of Homemade Puff Pastry sealed the deal for this desert. This is truly amazing and I encourage you to give it a try. Let’s get started!
What kind of puff pastry to buy?
There’s no shame in using a readily available puff pastry, not everybody has time to make their own puff pastry, so go grab them from the shelves. There are 2 types that I normally saw in the grocery.
- There’s one that are cut into 2 thick square. This type of puff pastry will require you to roll and flatten it into about 1/8 inch thickness. It’s not difficult to do that, but that still adds time when you are in a hurry. Also, you have to target of at least having an even surface. I box contains 2 cut puff pastry.
- Then there’s my favorite type, the flat puff. They normally comes in 2 pcs per box, and all you have to do is thaw it a little bit in the fridge , unroll and cut them to size and shape you like. The thickness is even, so it’s you are assured that they will bake at the same time. The little time you save will make a huge difference when your tight on schedule. That will give you some time to clean up and relax before the party starts.
So those are you’re 2 options, if you are not considering on making your own puff pastry. You can choose which one is available in your grocery. But definitely go for the 2nd one if they have it.
- Puff Pastry (Store bought or Homemade) : If you are using my Homemade Puff Pastry, divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- 1 -2 tbsp Chocolate Ganache or any melted chocolate ( I used Hershey’s or Bakers Chocolate in my baking)
- 1 -2 tbsp Salted Caramel Sauce
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- 2 Ripe Bananas (sliced)
- 2-3 tbsp Chopped Nuts – Pistachios, Walnut, Pecan etc. I used Pistachio for this recipe.
Note: This recipe not very strict, you can adjust or replace the ingredients to your preference. Feel free to experiment on toppings, sauce, nuts etc.
Hover over the the photo to see description or click to see as slideshow
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- Prepare the Puff Pastry. Shape it the way you want it, with approximately close to 1/4-inch thick. Fold the sides so that you will have a thick border.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the top turns golden brown and it starts to puff. If you are using Store bought Puff Pastry, follow the baking instruction in the box.
- Set aside and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread Nutella, just enough to lightly cover the baked Puff Pastry.
- Cover with sliced bananas.
- Drizzle with Chocolate Ganache or any melted chocolate. I only used very small amount of melted chocolate, so I reduced the portion of my Chocolate Ganache and followed the same process using microwave. You can also melt the chocolate in a bowl over a simmering water. You are aiming for a slightly thick consistency, not too runny or too thick.
- I used ziplock bag, put the chocolate Ganache, and cut the tip of the corner of the bag with small hole. This will make the drizzling easier, and it gives a consistent an even distribution
- If you are melting the chocolate over simmering water method, I suggest you add a little bit of butter. This will thin out the chocolate a little bit.
- Sprinkle with half of chopped nuts.
- Drizzle with Salted Caramel Sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chopped nuts.
Makes 8 slices
Thank you for visiting my website. If you like this post, kindly click on the “Like” button below or share this post with your friends.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥