I love how my Raspberry Buttercream Frosting – Italian Meringue Style turned out. In fact, the Italian Meringue style is now my favorite method to use in making my frosting. Hands down delicious! This is what I had been looking for in a frosting. Something smooth , creamy and not sweet at all.
This is why I am so excited to make another variation of frosting using Italian method. Perfect timing, I am planning to make my Cafe Mocha Cupcake and what better frosting to use than Mocha Buttercream Frosting.
Absolutely delicious! If you are a coffee lover, you will love this even more. I am not a coffee lover, that is why I am enjoying coffee in my desert instead. I cannot wait to share this recipe with you, so let’s get started!
- 110 grams egg whites
- 33 grams water
- 195 grams granulated white sugar
- 1 lb unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 67 grams egg whites (approximately 1-2 eggs)
- 16 grams water
- 97 grams granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp Espresso powder ( You can use more or less, depending on how strong you want the coffee flavor)
- Vanilla: Add 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Raspberry: Add 2 tbsp Fresh Raspberry Puree – To make the puree, mashed the fresh raspberry in a strainer and used the extract. Discharge the seeds.
- Pour the egg whites into a bowl and turn mixer on medium high-speed.
- While this is mixing, pour water and sugar into a small sauce pan and put on medium heat. Once the syrup temperature in the sauce pan reaches 100C/212F, increase the mixer speed to high.When syrup reaches 121C/250F, remove the sauce pan from the heat.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to medium and slowly pour the syrup. Pour the syrup down the side of the bowl to avoid splashing when it hits the whisk.
- Leave the mixture running for another 5 minutes, this will allow the mixture to cool.
- After 5 minutes, slowly start adding small pieces of the butter until all the butter has been incorporated into the meringue.
- Add espresso powder and let the mixer run for another 10 minutes.
There you go! Creamy and fluffy mocha buttercream frosting for your cakes and cupcakes.
- [VIDEO] How To Make Classic Chocolate Ganache & Tips on How To Use It
- [VIDEO] Small Batch Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- [VIDEO] How to Whip Cream Successfully
- Small Batch Cappuccino Buttercream Whipped Frosting
- Classic Cream Cheese Frosting
- White Chocolate Buttercream Whipped Frosting
- Mocha Whipped Buttercream Frosting – Italian Meringue Style
- REAL Strawberry Buttercream Whipped Frosting (No Artificial Color)
- REAL Raspberry Buttercream Whipped Frosting, A Unique Buttercream Frosting That is Not Too Sweet
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.