I was introduced to this pasta by a friend of mine who love to buy this at the supermarket near our office. It took few trips for me to get a hold of this salad since it is not available all the time. Several times my friend explained to me what it is and how it taste, but there is nothing like tasting the real thing if I am going to make my own version. So I kept on coming back until I finally found it.
I tried it, and I like it. I like the combination of everything in this pasta. The spicy taste that contrast the slight sweetness and saltines is a good match, not to mention the nice flavor that sun dried tomato adds to this salad.
This salad reminded me of a similar salad that my mom used to make for us. It looks simple to me and so I decided to make it. My guess is right, this is a simple pasta , quick and easy to prepare. The addition of Spinach may seem odd to you, but believe me , it works with the rest of the ingredients. This is a nice salad serve for a get together , or for a snack or lunch to go. Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup Penne Pasta
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Chili Pepper Flakes
- 4 tbsp Feta Cheese
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 pcs Sun-dried Tomato – cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cup Uncooked chopped fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 tbsp Condensed Milk
- Cook pasta as per package instructions. Let cool completely and put in the fridge for 30 minutes. Do not rinse the pasta after cooking, you need the starch in the pasta so that the dressing will stick better. Do NOT mix the pasta with the dressing while it is still hot.
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise,salt,black pepper, chili flakes, feta cheese, sun dried tomato and condensed milk.
- Add cooled and cooked pasta.
- Mix until the pasta is fully coated with the dressing. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving or leave overnight in the fridge.
Serves 2 – 3 people
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like”button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community cooking!♥