It is always so tempting for me to grab granola bars whenever I am at the grocery store. So many variety to choose from, but why buy when I can make my own? Yes, I decided to make my own granola bars, this way I can choose what I want to go in to my bar.
This granola bar have good stuff in it, although there’s only 5 ingredients you need to make it. You can even make it 3 Ingredients if you want to! Very few ingredients for a very nice grab and go granola bars, so why not? This is so easy to make, and a lot better than store-bought too, you want to know why? Let me show you, let’s get started!
- 11-15 Medjool Dates (1 cup packed), pitted and soaked for 10 minutes, drained.
- 1 1/2 cups Nuts (I used all pecans, but a mix of almonds, walnuts, pecans, and/or cashews will all work!)
- 1/2 cup Loose Granola
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Chocolate Ganache
- Cover 8×8 pan with aluminum foil leaving over hang on all the sides. You may also use a smaller pan, but your base will be thicker.
- In a food processor add drained/pitted dates and nuts. Process until dates and nuts have broken down, and only small pieces of nuts can be seen. Mixture should be sticky.
- Remove from the food processor and transfer in a clean bowl. Add loose granola and 1/4 cup of shredded coconut and manually mix to evenly distribute.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan, pressing evenly into all corners and press down flat.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tbsp of coconut on top.
- Pour Chocolate Ganache over bars and spread evenly.
- Place bars in the fridge for at least 1 hour or leave overnight in the fridge.
- Lift the over hang foil to remove bars from pan and place on cutting mat for easier slicing. Remove the foil and using a knife, gently slice into desired size.
Before you go, please click on the “Like” button below if you like this post, or leave me a comment. I would like to hear from you.♥
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥
Leave a Reply