Since I started making Ube Cake, I just cannot stop making it. I initially thought that it will be difficult, but it turned out it is quite easy, especially if you are using this recipe. Aside from being simple, another thing I love about this recipe is this is a small batch recipe. I always love small batch, nothing goes to waste and I tend to appreciate every bite and every piece of this. I don’t feel pressure finishing all of it, in fact, I even have to control myself from not finishing 6 pieces in one seating! That is how good this cupcake taste.
This Ube Cake recipe is so easy to make, and so easy to finish eating. It has a very moist , soft and light texture. The moisture came from the grated purple yam and the light texture came from using the sponge cake technique of whisking the egg whites to stiff peaks before mixing it to cupcake batter.
This is another addition to my Ube (Purple Yam) recipe collection. If you like Ube Cake, check out my Ube Chiffon Cake and Ube Swiss Roll Cake. You are going to love them too. Let’s get started!
- 1/4 + 2 tbsp cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 + 2 tbsp cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup grated purple yam
- Cherries – optional
- 1/2 – 1/2 Whipped Cream. Click here for tips on how to whip cream successfully.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Boil purple yam until soft enough to grate. Around 10 – 15 minutes, but this could depend on the size of the purple yam. Set aside to cool.
- Grate purple yam and set aside for later.
- Whisk together Dry Ingredients : flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- On high speed, beat sugar and egg until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Then add oil, vanilla extract and milk. Mix on low spead until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and grated purple yam and mix until just combined.
- Spoon into cupcake liners and bake at 350F or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Medium size cupcake liners (2 small ice cream scoop) : 5 -6 cupcakes , 15 minutes
- Large size cupcake liners (5 small ice cream scoop): 4 cupcakes, 21 minutes
- Set aside to cool before decorating.
- Top with whipped cream and cherries.
Makes 4 – 6 medium size cupcakes
If you like this post, please click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment. I would like to hear from you.♥
Quote of the Day
“Life’s meant to be sweet! Grab a cupcake and enjoy the ride!” ~ Kimmie Easley, Souls Set Free
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SweetNSpicyLiving on Social Media Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
Categories: Baking, Cupcakes, Filipino Dessert, Recipe, Small Batch Recipes
1 reply »