Think out of the box and serve your banana in a non traditional way, with ICE CREAM 🙂
Bananas Foster is a dessert made from bananas and ice cream, and with a caramelized sauce made from butter and brown sugar. Traditional Bananas Foster uses liqueur and sometimes served flam·bé style ( with burst of flame). But this version is served in a normal way so you can easily do this at home.
There’s a lot of reason why I like bananas, let me count it:
- Banana are available all year round, it’s not seasonal
- Bananas are budget friendly
- Bananas are very versatile. I can eat it fresh and I can have it cooked.
- Bananas are amazing ingredients to add into baked products
- Bananas are a good source of fiber and vitamin C
In one word, bananas are awesome, no doubt about that.
Although eating it fresh is the easiest an basic way to enjoy it, I like to divert from the traditional way from time to time. One of the easiest and fancy way that I like serve an eat banana is by making it into a Bananas Fosters, or just to make it simple sweetened caramelized bananas. They are absolutely delicious when prepared this way, you really have to try it. The best thing about it is that it only takes probably 6 minutes to prepare it, that easy! It amazing how a small tbsp of butter and brown sugar could turn banana into something delicious.
Sometimes I make large batch of this cut them in rounds and store them in the fridge for an easy quick dessert. But the best way that I like having this is with ice cream. You could probably tell I’m going to say that, just by looking at the photos. It’s a very simple dessert but taste amazing! The soft banana with the buttery caramel sauce and the creamy smooth ice cream are a team to beat. They all worked well together like they were made for each other. Seriously guys, it only takes 6 minutes, go ahead and try to make it and join me in my Bananas Fosters fan club.. Let’s get started!
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar (dark or light)
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Large Firm Bananas (sliced lengthwise or in rounds) – do not use overripe bananas
- Ice Cream
- Melt butter over medium heat. It is best to use a non-stick pan to avoid the sugar to stick while it caramelized.
- Add brown sugar and continue to stir until sugar dissolves. Stir vanilla extract.
- Place bananas, sliced side up and heat each side for about 2 minutes. Do not over cook to avoid bananas getting mushy.
- Top caramelized bananas and sauce with ice cream of your choice. Garnish with chopped pecans; serve warm.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.