Featured Video: [VIDEO] Double Chocolate Banana Bread
This Cream Cheese Banana Bread has a nice soft and moist texture and a nice creamy cream cheese swirl. It tastes almost like having a white chocolate in it.
I love banana bread (or muffin), not only that they are so easy to make they taste good and quite filling too. This kind of bread is what I always thought of when I want something freshly baked in the morning. It’s a quick bread which basically just involve mostly mixing and stirring. And I must mention, I can never be more thankful for banana bread recipes as they always save me from throwing overripe bananas.
Banana bread are quite flexible too in terms of making variations. I’ve made quite a lot of them I’ll have some of them listed at the end of the blog. From plain classic banana bread to chocolate lover’s banana bread and even fruity flavored banana bread, I got you covered. For this variation, I did one of my favorite Cream Cheese Banana Bread, they not only look good it tastes “absolutely deliciously” and that’s quoting a friend of mine who have tried it. The cream cheese gave a nice smooth and creamy texture to the bread although it is only a swirl it left a mark that made the bread stands out. A friend even asked me what kind of chocolate I used and I was surprised because there’s no chocolate in the batter. Then I realized it was the cream cheese swirl, it gave an almost white chocolate taste that made my friend think there was a chocolate in it.
It looks great, but it’s not difficult to achieve that swirl look so don’t be intimidated by it. All you need is a nice pointed object to make the swirl top, a little bit of swirling motion and you’ll end up with what something that looks like in the photo. You can reduce the amount of cream cheese, you can opt to only put cream cheese on top of you want to, or you can do what did. Cream cheese in the center and on top. Let me show you how this was done. Let’s get started!
- 3 large ripe bananas – mashed
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg – room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp sugar (Divided: 1 cup for the bread batter, 2 tbsp for the cream cheese mixture)
- 2 tbsp buttermilk or milk
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese (Block NOT the spreadable) – softened at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and line bottom of the a 7-8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with oil.
- Mash the Bananas: Peel the bananas and mash using a fork or immersion blender. It doesn’t have to be super smooth, a little of chunk is fine. Add vanilla extract and oil and stir. Cover and set aside.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream Egg & Sugar: Using hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the egg and sugar until light in color and smooth and flowing consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Wet Ingredients: Turn the mixer in low-speed and gradually pour the banana mixture to the egg and sugar. Mix until just combined.
- Dry + Wet Ingredients: In low-speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, then pour milk or buttermilk and mix just enough to combine. Do not over mix the batter. The mixture will be runny, that’s fine.
- Make Cream Cheese Mixture: In a small bowl, add cream cheese and sugar and mix until combined. Consistency should be smooth and soft.
- Pour Batter: Pour half of the batter into the pan. Make a doll-up of cream cheese in the center, about 1/2 tsp each then use any pointed object to create a swirl pattern. You can also just spread half of the cream cheese in the center. Cover with the remaining half of the batter then spread half of the remaining cream cheese mixture on top. Use any pointed object to create a swirl pattern.
- Bake 45 – 50 minutes or until the cream cheese top turns brown and starts to crack. Toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean of crumbs not of cream cheese.
Makes 1 loaf (7-8 inch)
Here are some other banana recipes, check them out!
- Banana Bread, 4 Ways to Make it
- Chocolate Banana Muffin
- Strawberry Swirl Banana Muffin
- Nutella Swirl Banana Muffins
- [VIDEO] Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Strawberry Banana Loaf Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.