My kitchen smells amazing, the smell of spices, the smell of curry fills the kitchen right now. This roasted curried cauliflower is one simple easy dish to make. I like how simple dish like this can be turned into something amazing, like how I used it to make my Cauliflower & Lentils Bowl. It’s very simple and yet it’s quite filling and I’m happy to say that this bowl have the things I need to face my busy days ahead. Cauliflower good source of Vitamins B & C (and many more), while lentils are low in calories and good source of protein. I added some roasted tomato to give extra juice into this dish, then some steam asparagus to for extra fiber in my diet. Finally, poached egg to complete this dish then a dash of salt and pepper. I was very pleased on how this bowl turned out, in fact I am looking forward to making another batch o this Curried Cauliflower, there’s so many ways that I can incorporate this in my meals. Steamed spinach or sautéed mushrooms will be nice addition too, how about some roasted eggplant and brussels sprout?
This Curried Cauliflower may look so plain and simple, but trust me, this is a good addition to your meals be it a dish or the star of the meal like Curried Cauliflower bowl below. Give it a try and let me know how it goes. Let’s get started.
- 400g cauliflower – cut into bite size
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
Curried Cauliflower Bowl
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Season the Cauliflower: In a large bowl, transfer cauliflower. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, curry powder and turmeric powder. Toss until the cauliflower bites are covered with oil and spices. Arrange in a baking sheet, make sure to not crowd the pan.
- If you want to use tomato, you can toss the tomato in the same bowl as the cauliflower (like what I did to make my Cauliflower and Lentils Bowl)
- Bake for 45 minutes, removing from the oven every 15 minutes to turn on the other side. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- To Make the lentils Bowl:
- Cook the Lentils: In a heated pan, add olive oil and onion. Saute until onion is no longer translucent. Add salt, paprika and red chili flakes. Start with 1/3 cup water, pour and cover . Simmer until lentils are soft enough to your liking. Check from time to time and add more water as needed. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Make the Poached Egg. I have a separate recipe here
- Prepare the steamed vegetables like Asparagus. Broccoli or Brussels Sprout will work too. Use any vegetables you like.
- Arrange: Transfer lentils in a bowl, add the curried cauliflower, tomato and steamed vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 30 Meat FREE Dishes That Taste Good
- Meat Free Monday: Small Batch Mini Twice Baked Potato & Cheese Pie
- Meat Free Monday: Small Batch Vegetarian Lasagna Soup For Two
- Meat Free Monday: Small Batch Feta and Tomato Pizza Pie
- Meat Free Monday: Mushroom and Cheese Hand Pie
- [VIDEO] Meat Free Monday: Thin Crust Pesto & Sundried Tomato Pizza
- Meat Free Monday: Vegetarian Lettuce Wrap
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.