Whether you are celebrating Valentine’s Day or not, you deserve to pamper and treat yourself. This cake is the one that will give you the treat that you deserve. This Flourless Chocolate Cake uses only 4 basic ingredients and it is very easy to make. 4 Ingredients, 4 simple steps. This is a super decadent cake with light and airy texture, and it doesn’t have any flour in it. Check it out!
It’s never too early to plan for Valentine’s baking, right? I often struggle thinking of what to make for occasions like Halloween, Easter or Valentine’s Day. Although there’s quite a lot of ideas online, a still find it hard which one to make. I tend to be quite picky when it comes to making specialty treats because I always want it to be not only beautiful but most importantly, it should be delicious. Physically pleasing to the eye, and absolutely satisfying to to eat. For me there’s nothing more disappointing than looking at a very beautiful attractive dessert that taste like plastic. There should be more to beauty in food, it should taste good because food is meant to be enjoyed.
For Valentine’s Day, I thought we could not go wrong in going back to the basic dessert, a chocolate cake. Although this sounds like a usual chocolate cake, it actually is not. First, it’s flourless but do not worry as it doesn’t use any unusual ingredients. Just 4 basic ingredients: butter, chocolate, egg and sugar, that’s the most of it, very basic. Second, the cake texture is a combination of 3 texture. The top is slightly crunchy, the center is slightly fudgy, the entire cake is airy and light and it has an almost gooey feel like when eating a meringue. It sounds complex and yet it’s really simple to make. Last but not the least, it’s so easy to make. In fact, I call it my 4 x 5 Chocolate Cake, 4 ingredients and 4 simple steps.
This cake can be make ahead of time, which gives you more time to do other stuff. I usually bake this 1 or days ahead and had it stored it in the refrigerator and decorate it the day that I want to serve it. You don’t even have to go extra mile to make it taste and look better, a dust of icing sugar or cocoa powder in top is sufficient enough, but if you have some whipping cream on hand or vanilla ice cream, that would be the best way to serve it. The soft, light and gooey texture of this cake makes it perfect to pair with ice cream and some sides of fresh fruits (strawberry please).
So, if your looking for what bake for the Valentine’s Day or (just for any regular day), regardless of your celebrating it or not, make this cake. You deserve a treat, and this is the one. Let me show you how to make this, it’s really easy. Let’s get started!
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 3.5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, separating yolks and egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees with the rack in the center. Butter the bottom and sides of 2 5-inch round pan. You can also bake this in a 6-inch pan.
- Make Base Cake: Place butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted. Let cool slightly. Whisk in egg yolks.
- Whipped Egg Whites: In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add granulated sugar, and continue beating until glossy stiff peaks form.
- Base Cake + Whipped Egg Whites: Gently fold whipped egg whites in the base cake mixture.
- Bake: Pour batter into the prepared pan, and smooth the top with a rubber spatula. Bake until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and is set in the center, 35 -to 37 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack; remove sides of pan. Serve at room temperature, dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
- One Bowl, Eggless and Butterless Orange Chocolate Cake
- [VIDEO] Chocolate Brownie Tart
- Valentines Chocolate Cake
- Small Batch Black Forest Brownie Cake
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake For Two
- Chocolate Cake for Two, The Beauty of Small Batch
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache Frosting (Small Batch)
- Flourless Chocolate Almond Torte
- One Bowl Chocolate Cake, No Egg and No Butter!
My Latest Video
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.