Make your Easter celebration colorful and fun with this Chocolate Sprinkles Cake . A simple and easy chocolate cake recipe for any occasion.
Chocolate cake and vanilla cake are two basic chocolate cake flavors. Once you get a good base recipe, you’re set, for life 🙂 So I guess, you’re set for life because you’re staring at the most basic, simple and easiest chocolate cake recipe, and once you watched the video you’ll know that what I’m saying is true. This is my basic chocolate cake recipe that I used several times, sometimes as small cake, cupcake or full big cake. So you will be seeing a lot of this recipe used in different ways for different occasions in my website. I used this for birthday cake, anniversary cake, Easter cake, holiday cakes and more.
How To Make Chocolate Sprinkles Cake
Here’s a video on how I made it, stay till the end because this also includes the decorating part, simple and easy decorating that you can do with just 2 additional ingredient, Chocolate Ganache and the colorful sprinkles.
So what do you think? Easy, right? Everything is just mixing and mixing and mixing, how easy is that. Then the ingredients, did you notice how basic they are? You probable have them already in your kitchen, and even if you don’t, you can easily find them in the grocery. I love simple and easy recipe like this.
I’ve used my chocolate ganache to frost the cake, just you can also use other frosting. I have other frosting recipe in my website, check out the Frosting item in the menu. Chocolate ganache is the easiest and decadent frosting that I love to use, that is why this is always my go to for simple cakes. Now, the sprinkles, I love how the sprinkles gave this cake a nice festive feel. It so colorful, and although simple it looks fun. You can also add some whipped cream on top for each slice, that would be a nice touch too.
This cake is very soft and moist, and it stays moist even after few days at room temperature or inside the refrigerator because it uses oil rather than butter. Don’t worry, even without the butter the cake taste great, promise! Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup (50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1 cup (200 g) of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs – room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5ml) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (90g) of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp(3.75 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 2 Batch of Chocolate Ganache Frosting (or any frosting you like)
- 1/3 cup Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350F/(175C).
- Dissolve Cocoa Powder: In a large bowl combine the cocoa powder with the hot water and whisk up with a wire whisk until smooth. The hot water will “bloom” the coco powder and bring out its best flavor.
- Add Wet Ingredients: Then add the sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth. Set Aside.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Wet Ingredients + Dry Ingredients: Combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, slowly whisking until combined. Pour in a prepare baking pan.
- Bake for 35 – 37 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Serves 4 – 5
- Small Batch Easter Chocolate Avocado Cake
- Small Batch Easter Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
- Small Batch Easter Caramel Egg Brownie
- Small Batch Easter M&M Cookies
- Egg FREE All Around Bread Dough: Italian Easter Chocolate Egg Bread
- Easter Bark Chocolates
- Small Batch Easter Fudge Brownie Bites
- [VIDEO] Small Batch EASTER Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Small Batch Easter Egg Nest Meringue Cookies
- Small Batch Hot Cross Buns
Happy Easter to All!!
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.