Let`s go clean and green with his hearty all green salad to go. This is a simple Green Goddess Salad tossed in honey dijon mustard lemon dressing then packed with soft boiled egg and a homemade Tzatziki Dip. A great vegetarian salad to go, but if you feel like making it for a full meal, simply serve it with protein of your choice. I like pairing it with roasted chicken, salmon and sometimes with garlic shrimp.
We go out form lunch from time to time, and even more during Summer. Most of the days I still make my own lunch which is my preference rather than buying it outside all the time. First, it is cheaper but most of all I can select the ingredients that I want to use, and I can cook it the way that I want to. Homemade packed lunch is the best option if you go to work everyday, and this salad is one easy one to prepare. All you need to do is add protein of your choice, chicken is the easy one. You can even use leftover chicken to prep more easy.
Green Goddess Salad
Today I’m sharing you a lunch salad idea that could go with any kind of protein that you enjoy eating. This works great with chicken, fish and even shrimp. I call this Green Goddess Salad, and it does Stan by its name. All the vegetables I used are green vegetables, you can add or remove vegetables that you like or don’t like. I used green beans, asparagus, broccoli and Edemame seed. For added protein, I added soft boiled egg and to complete the this salad, I paired it with my homemade Tzatziki Dip and a drizzle of honey lemon dressing.
Can I use other dressing aside from Tzatziki & Honey Mustard Citrus Dressing?
Since the vegetables are all steamed, it is VERY important to pack a dressing for this salad, otherwise if you serve this without any dressing I guarantee that you will hate me forever. It will taste bland, you might even end up hating eating vegetable. So do me a favor and serve it with a dressing. I recommend dressing + dip for better taste. You can use other dressing that you prefer, but these two dressing works great together. The Tzatziki have a nice creamy fresh taste and it was complemented with the sweet and salty citrus dressing.
Options on how to cook the vegetable
- Steam – fill the steamer with water and arrange the vegetable on top. Steam until done to your liking
- Blanch – this is the method I used to cook the vegetables. simply bring a pot of water enough to submerge the vegetables then bring to a boil. Add the vegetable, start with the one that cooks long. In this recipe, the green beans goes first then boiled for 1 minute. Followed by broccoli, cook for another 1 minute and last, the Edemame and asparagus for another 1 minute all in one pot
- Grill – drizzle olive oil to the vegetables and sprinkle salt and pepper. Grill until done to your liking
- Bake/Roast – If you are making a huge batch, this method works. Make sure to pay attention to not over cook the vegetables. Start at 350F and bake/roast for 15 minutes then increase as needed.
What can I pair this with?
Pair it with chicken, salmon or shrimp. This salad is very flexible and easy to make. You can cook the chicken over the weekend and just slice few pieces and it with this salad.
- 235 g assorted Green Vegetable ( I used Asparagus, Green Beans, Broccoli and Edemame Seed)
- 5 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Hard or Soft Boiled Egg
- 1/4 cup Tzatziki Dip
For the Dressing:
- 1 tsp Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Honey Mustard or Dijon Mustard
Note: This is a single serving salad. Use it as an inspiration and make a huge batch for sharing.
- Blanch the Vegetable: simply bring a pot of water enough to submerge the vegetables then bring to a boil. Add the vegetable, start with the one that cooks long. In this recipe, the green beans goes first then boiled for 1 minute. Followed by broccoli, cook for another 1 minute and last, the Edemame and asparagus for another 1 minute all in one pot. Drain and transfer in a bowl. Let cool.
- Make the Tzatziki: Get the Full RECIPE HERE. You can make this 1-3 days in advance, keep refrigerated until ready to use. You can also use other salad dip, homemade or store-bought
- Make the Honey Mustard Dressing: In a small bowl add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, honey and honey or Dijon mustard. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust as preferred.
- Cook the Egg: Bring 4 cups (or more enough to submerge the egg/s) of water to a boil. Make sure the water is boiling before you add the egg. Add the egg and cook to your liking. For soft boiled, cook at 6 minutes, for slightly hard boiled cook for 8 minutes, for hard boiled cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the salad dressing on the vegetables and mix to distribute.
- Pack: Transfer in a lunch box. Have the Tzatziki Dip on a separate container. Do not peel the egg until you are ready to eat the salad.
For Non-Vegetarian Variation
This salad is good to serve on its own. Because of how delicious it taste, it can actually stand on its own without any additional protein. But if you are not vegetarian and want to make this more filling, simply add some protein to go with it. I normally have this with grilled my Grilled Greek Chicken or even plain roasted chicken or salmon.
Featured Video: Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Edemame Shrimp Salad
- Meat Free Monday: Mushroom and Spinach Quesedillas
- Meat Free Monday: Mediterranean Green Beans and Tomato Salad (Oven and Stove-Top Method)
- Meat Free Monday: Grilled Chimichurri Vegetable Kebabs
- Small Batch Simply Fresh Tzatziki Dip
- Meat Free Monday: White Beans and Tomato Salad
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.