This Shrimp Tomato Stew in Coconut Sauce is truly a seafood lovers dream come true. It has a nice tomato coconut sauce, thick and creamy, with a nice kick of heat. Forget about being messy, its really worth it. Finger licking good, promise 🙂
I love anything shrimp, buttered shrimp, steamed shrimp, grilled shrimp, shrimp curry, shrimp stew and anything shrimp I can think of. I know they are kind of messy to eat specially the shelled ones, but that’s where the fun is. Getting messy and getting my fingers dirty, it’s finger licking good. I was dreaming of shrimp the whole week, so I decided to finally take action and make that dream come true. I only cook and eat shrimp dishes during the weekend because well they’re messy, and I like eating the shelled ones. This Shrimp Tomato Stew in Coconut Sauce definitely ended my whole week of day dreaming about shrimp.
It’s so delicious! If you are a shrimp lover like, you are going to love this. You know why?
- Easy to cook, meal ready in 30 minutes
- The sauce is to die for! Thick, flavorful and creamy coconut sauce
- Fantastic weekend meal to treat yourself
- It’s simply delicious, however messy it was to eat it
I love serving this with steamed rice, that’s really the best way to enjoy this shrimp and the creamy flavorful coconut sauce. If getting messy taste this good, I really wouldn’t mind having that every week. I love the freshness of the cilantro in this dish, and the sprinkle of fresh lime juice made even more enhances the taste and flavor. This is a simple recipe. Let’s get started!
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Yellow or White Onion
- 16 pieces Cherry Tomato (more or less)
- 1 tbsp Ginger – thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 300g Shrimp ( Keep the shell on)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper – thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes ( optional)
- 3 tbsp Cilantro – chopped
- 2 slices Lime
In a heated pan, add oil, garlic and onion. Sauté until onion is no longer translucent. Add salt, ginger, sugar and tomato. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cover again and cook until the shrimp has turned pink (no longer raw). Add coconut milk for another 10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to your liking. Add jalapeño pepper, red chili flakes (optional) and chopped cilantro. Transfer in a bowl and squeeze lime juice on top and garnish with more chopped fresh cilantro.
How About This?
- [VIDEO] Creamy Potato & Shrimp Chowder
- [VIDEO] Avocado & Shrimp Salsa
- [VIDEO] Grilled Shrimp & Sausage with Vegetables & Quinoa
- I Don’t Mind Getting My Hands Dirty with this Garlic Butter Shrimp
- One Pan Creamy Tuscan Shrimp
- Small Batch Foil Packed Shrimp and Corn
- Spicy Shrimp in Thai Coconut Sauce
- Dinner Made easy with this One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.