Because some days calls for and easy soup that is ready in 15 minutes, and this is that kind of soup. Quick, easy, light, your perfect company for busy rainy days.
We don’t get as much snow in Vancouver, so whenever we get snow, it’s time for me to make my soup to keep me warm. Last time, I made Baked Mushroom Soup, today its time for the Coconut Curried Butternut Squash Soup to be on spotlight. I love the smooth, silky and creamy texture of this soup and with extra spices, its simply hot and delicious. Just what I needed to keep me warm.
Actually, snow is just my excuse, I can have this soup with or without snow. But when life gives me snow, I keep myself warm with soup and just carry on 🙂 Let’s get started!
- Medium size Butternut Squash (mine was 835 grams)
- 1 medium size Onion– cut 1/2 into quarters, then chop the remaining half
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated Sugar
- 1 fresh Red Chili Pepper– chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Curry Powder or Curry Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Rosemary
- 2 1/4 – 2 1/2 cups Vegetable, Chicken or Beef Stock
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream – If you are using Coconut milk, put the canned coconut milk in the freezer for 1 -2 hours or until the cream settles on top and can be easily scoop out. Canned coconut cream is better if you can find it, it has less water and mostly cream.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Wash, cut and remove the seeds. Cut into small pieces then arrange in a baking pan. I found a very useful guide on how to peel a butternut squash just in case you need one. Add salt, peppers, olive oil, garlic, onion and rosemary.
- Baked for 45 minutes of until the squash is soft. Baking time could vary depending on the size of the squash you are using. Adjust as needed. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat a pan and add 1 tbsp butter. Add onion and saute until no longer translucent. Season with salt, peppers and a little bit of sugar. Add baked/roasted squash and mix until combined. Add 1 1/2 cup vegetable, chicken or beef stock. Add coconut cream and curry powder. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season well and taste.
- Transfer in a blender, add remaining broth and 1 tbsp butter. Blend until consistency is smooth and thick. If you prefer a thick soup, reduce the vegetable, chicken or beef stock.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and lets get the community baking!♥
Checkout my other soup recipes and keep yourself warm ♥
- Baked Butternut Squash Soup
- Baked Mushroom Soup
- Chicken Mami (Chicken Noodle Soup)
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Parmesan
- Egg Drop Corn Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Mexican Chili
- Minestrone Soup
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- Sweet Potato and Corn Chowder
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.