When I need more sleep and I still want to have a decent breakfast when I wake-up, this Crescent Jalapeno Cheese Dog is my go to breakfast. Ready to use crescent dough, wiener dough, puff-pastry are my best friend for lazy morning. Un-roll them, fill them, bake them and enjoy them. As simple as that! You will be surprise how many ways you can use these store-bought bread and pastry dough. Give yourself a break, you deserve it.
There’s no shame in using readily available refrigerated dough. In fact, I like having few cans of Pillsbury refrigerated dough for emergency cases. I have busy and crazy days, and just because I don’t have time to make my All Around Bread Dough, that doesn’t mean I cannot have freshly bake bread in the morning. This is the closest that I could get, and although I did not make the dough, I still consider this homemade breakfast. After all, I was the one who prepared the filling, I was the one who wrapped the hot dog, and I was the one who baked it, and It was made at home! So, it was homemade, agree? I am making it sound as if this was a difficult task, but believe me when I tell you, it can never get easier than this.
Store-bought dough is very versatile, just like any homemade dough and with the bonus of simply grabbing it from the freezer ready for you to use. This is not a strict recipe, I would say kind of fool-proof because it is really hard to mess up a recipe this easy. Making the bread dough is supposedly the tough and time-consuming part, but that was already done for us, thanks to Pillsbury. All we have to do is to unroll it from the can, how hard can that be? And may I stress, that the ingredients for this recipe are not engraved in the stone. You can mix, match and change the filling to suit your preference. Meat lovers or vegetarian, the choice is yours.
Hot dog could be replaced by ham, turkey, bacon, cooked chicken and pepperoni would be nice too. For vegetarian option, spinach with cheese is a nice variation too. I wouldn’t suggest using any tomato as it could make the inside of the bread soggy because of the juice from the tomato. But you can add thin slices of bell peppers, pineapple, onion and it would be like a mini pizza roll. So many ways to make it. Let me know how you like it filled, I am interested to see your variation. Let’s get started!
Featured Video: Homemade Rosemary Dinner Rolls
- 2 hot dogs – cut into 8 strips
- 6 strips of string cheese
- 1 can (200 g) Pillsbury Weiner wrap or Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (The crescent rolls are pre-cut in triangle, if you us this, it is not advisable to use cheese in the filling as it will flood the baking sheet when it melt).
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Cut the hot dog into half then cut it into 4 sticks. Cut the cheese and jalapeno peppers into sticks with similar size as the hot dog. Feel free to adjust the length and size.
- Open the ready to use Crescent/Wiener Dough: Separate crescent dough into triangles/rectangle. Wrap the the hot dog, jalapeno and cheese with crescent dough. Arrange on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 6 pieces (I used a small package Pillsbury wiener dough).
- [VIDEO] All Around Bread Dough: One Bread Dough, Unlimited Variations
- Small Batch Dinner Rolls for Two (Makes 4)
- Homemade White Bread Loaf
- Jalapeno Cheese Pull-Apart Bread
- [VIDEO] All Around Bread Dough: Nutella Star Bread (Plus Bonus Twist Bread)
- Egg FREE All Around Bread Dough: Ube (Purple Yam) Sweet Roll Bread
- Egg FREE All Around Bread Dough: Mini Purple Yam Braided Bread
- Egg FREE All Around Bread Dough: Braided Purple Yam Loaf Bread
- Small Batch Apple Cinnamon Roll (Makes 4), BEST Ever!
- Small Batch Honey Pumpkin Bread (Makes 6)
- Small Batch Simplified Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Bagel, Quick and Easy!
- Small Batch Hot Cross Buns
My Latest Video:
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.