Turn your corn flakes into a delicious bite size chocolate snack by making them into this Chocolate Coated Corn Flakes Cereals. They are so good you would not be able to stop eating them. A crunchy crispy cereal snack coated with chocolate of your choice. Make it dark, semi sweet or white, the choice is yours.
I like eating cereals with milk in the morning. They are a very quick breakfast option when I do not have time to prepare something. Lately, I had started munching breakfast cereals on its own, like chips. I even took them to work in a sealed bottled container and I snacked on it when I do not have time to get up to get something. It helps me get by during my busy bee days, just enough before I have time to grab something more filling.
One day, I was munching on it and eating chocolates alternately. So I thought, why not coat the cereals with chocolate and have it in clusters so it will be easier to snack on it. And so this post was born. I had been wanting to do this for a long time and I am glad I was able to do it now. It’s super easy to make, and no need to turn on the oven too! Let me show you how. Let’s get started!
Use melting chocolate/melting wafers: There’s only 2 ingredients in this recipe, and it is very crucial and important that you use the right type of chocolate. That is, use melting chocolate/melting wafers. Melting wafers are good for coating, they do not hold their shape and melts easily when heated. They are more fluid and smooth, just the perfect consistency for coating. Because of their great melted consistency, there is no need to use any thinner like milk, cream or shortening. They are good to use as is and they create a hard shell and they dry out pretty quick as compare to regular chocolate chips for baking. When use to coat cereals, since it creates a dry hard shell, the cereals remains crispy and crunchy longer. There are some chocolate bars that can be use for melting and coating, just make sure to use a good quality chocolate. The fate of your cereals bar rest on the quality of the chocolate you use.
- 240 grams Melting Chocolate/Melting Wafers (White, Milk or Dark) – chop into small pieces (Choose a good quality melting chocolate).
- 120 grams cup Corn Flakes style cereals (a little bit more than 1 1/2 cup) – I used Kellogs Vanilla Almond Flakes
Ratio: 80 grams of chocolate per (40 grams) of cereals
- Melt the chocolate:
- Microwave Method: Microwave the chocolate in 30 seconds interval and gently stir until smooth. It took me 1 1/2 minutes per 80 grams, except for the milk chocolate which only took 1 minute to fully melt it.
- Bain-Marie (Water Bath) – Pour water in a small pan or bowl and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low once the water starts to boil. Place bowl on top of the pan and put the chopped chocolate in the bowl. Gently stir until fully melted and smooth.
- Coat Cereals with Chocolate: Remove from heat and add the corn cereals to the melted chocolate and mix until cereals are fully covered
- Divide: Scoop spoonful and drop it a baking sheet line with parchment paper or silicone mat. Continue until all of the mixture has been consumed.
- Chill: Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate coating has harden.
Note: I bought my chocolate in specialty shop, stores like Ghirardelli, or Godiva carries them as well. Using the right type of chocolate for this recipe is a MUST to get crispy and crunchy texture longer. Chocolate like chocolate chips is not a good choice for making this as it so it tends to be more sticky and the cereal absorbs the moisture thus making it soft.
This chocolate cereals are crispy and crunchy with loads of chocolate goodness. I had tried coating it with milk chocolate, white chocolate and dark chocolate and they are all good. It depends in your preference, but I personally prefer mix so I have variations.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Categories: No Bake