This Watermelon and Lychee Slushie is going to be your new favorite summer drink. This is a great way to cool off the summer heat, plus it taste absolutely delicious not to mention too pretty to ignore. It is so refreshing beyond words, Iwant MORE!
Friday Drinks and Frozen Day ♥♥
With the weather getting warmer and warmer everyday, I think we could all agree that we need something that will cool us off and keep us feeling refresh. Since it is Summer, I am making a seasonal post just for the Summer season and this will happen on Fridays. I am calling it Friday Drinks and Frozen Day 🙂 The post will mostly be about Summer drinks and frozen treats to keep up cool and comfy during the Summer season. If it is not Summer where you are right now, do not worry because you can always go back and search for these recipes whenever Summer arrives in your area or you are just feeling to get chilled. Some of the drinks that I am sharing here can be made any day of the year, i say bring the ice cream out on Winter 🙂
I love watermelon, it is such a nice way to keep hydrated during Summer. Although I enjoy eating slices of watermelon over and over again, I found another delicious refreshing way to consume it. Let me introduce you to my Watermelon and Lychee Slushie! Sip, Enjoy, Refresh!
What are the Ingredients for Watermelon & Lychee Slushie
This Slushie (as I call it) was made using only 2 Ingredients, just 2.
- Canned Lychee – Using canned Lychee is key in this recipe because of the syrup. Not only that it adds a nice Lychee flavor but it skips the addition of extra water and sweetener. This is what makes it just a 2 ingredient Slushie.
- Watermelon – Now the watermelon. Using frozen watermelon is key to making slushie, I should say it is a MUST. This gives the icy smooth texture without having to add ice. If you use non frozen watermelon, you will end up with a watermelon juice instead of a slushie. That is not a bad thing if you are aiming to make a juice. So stick to frozen watermelon. Freeze the watermelon overnight before using it.
How to Make Watermelon and Lychee Slushie
It cannot get any easy than this. Make it just like when you make a smoothie. Pour the Lychee syrup then add some Lychee and frozen watermelon. If you have a chance, have the Lychee frozen as well for better texture. Blend until smooth. If you want a thicker slushie, simply add more frozen watermelon.
- 1 1/2 cup Lychee Syrup (or 1 cup for a smaller serving portion)
- 10 pieces Lychee ( or 5 pieces for a smaller serving portion)
- 660g frozen Watermelon (1 lb for a smaller serving portion)
Note: For bigger serving, use 1 can Lychee and add more watermelon. The Lychee Syrup is quite sweet, if you want to reduce the sweetness of the sluhie, simply add more watermelon. Also, the sweetness of this slushie could vary depending on how sweet is the watermelon that you are using.
In a blender, pour Lychee syrup, then add Lychee and frozen Watermelon. Blend until smooth. Add few pieces of whole Lychee in a glass, then then pour the slushie add few more Lychee on top
Serves 1 – 2
- Smooth & Creamy Mango Lassi
- Strawberry Mango Slushie
- Single Serving Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Friday Drink Day – Blueberry Cold Brew Tea Iced Tea
- Single Serving Blueberry Ice Cream Float
- Friday Drink Day – Cold Brew Peach & Mint Iced Tea
- Pumpkin Banana Yogurt Smoothie
- Friday Drink Day – Raspberry & Dragon Fruit Lemonade
- Banana Orange Apple Strawberry
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA