I do not normally order drinks when I eat outside, not because I don’t like them but simply because I cannot eat too much and ordering a drink (except water) will not allow me to finish my food. I do however from time to time makes an exception. That exception happens when I eat in an Indian restaurant which offers Mango Lassi. I love Indian food as much as I love this drink. It is simply irresistable!
Growing up in a tropical country like Philippines gave me the luxury to indulge and enjoy tropical fruits like Mango. Although I already moved to Canada, I still make sure to make the most of Mango presence during summer. This is one fruit that we often have at home, it is as common as banana, watermelon and cantaloupe when they are in season. I remember always seeing fresh sweet and ripe Mangoes in almost every meal. It was our simple fresh fruit dessert, and I love it.
Mango is great to have even in its barest form, sliced and meat scooped out. But I always find Mango to be a versatile fruit that can be used for a lot of dessert or drinks. I had made Mango Tango Frozen Yogurt, Mango Shortbread Custard Tart, Coconut Mango Sticky Rice and more. Although I used it more often for baking, I also love to use it in making smoothies or drink, like this Mango Lassi. For me, this is a perfect smooth and creamy summer drink. Being able to make this at home is fantastic, I do not have to wait to eat out to order it, I can have it in the comfort of my own home anytime I want to. You can have it too, let me show you how. Let’s get started!
- 1 cup Mango puree (about 2 large mangoes) – Use ripe mango, canned puree Mango will work too
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup milk (full fat, skim, almond etc.)
- 1/4 cup white sugar (or sweetener of your choice but you cannot use the same measurement. Adjust as necessary)
- Slice mango and scoop out the meat.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer in a drinking glass.
- Mix 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt and 1 tsp milk. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Pour on top of Mango Lassi and top with diced mangoes.
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like”button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Note: Steps 3 and 4 are optional.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s all enjoy Summer!♥
Categories: Frozen Treats