Creamy and smooth Mango Lassi, what could be a better use of Mango when it is in its peak season? This is just one of my favorite way to use Mango, and I cannot simply express how much I love this drink. I am a Mango lover in general, I love this fruit more than any other fruits. Too bad here in Vancouver, we only have it for few months. I started seeing mango in the market around last week of March and they will probably stay until July, or August if we are lucky. So as soon as I see Mango in the market, I am in the roll making use of them for drinks or desserts. The mango season will not pass without me making Mango Lassi, Mango Pie and Tart, muffins, cakes and frozen desserts. I am literally on the roll making Mango desserts almost every week.
I do not normally order drinks when I eat outside, not because I don’t like them but simply because I cannot eat too much and ordering a drink (except water) will not allow me to finish my food. I do however from time to time make an exception. That exception happens when I eat in an Indian restaurant which offers Mango Lassi. I love Indian food as much as I love this drink. It takes a lot of courage for me to say No to this drink, and you can probably tell why by looking at these photos.
Growing up in a tropical country like Philippines gave me the luxury to indulge and enjoy tropical fruits like Mango. Although I already moved to Canada, I still make sure to make the most of Mango during summer. This is one fruit that we often have at home, it is as common as banana, watermelon and cantaloupe when they are in season. I remember always seeing fresh sweet and ripe Mangoes in almost every meal. It was our simple fresh fruit dessert, and I love it.
Mango is great to have even in its barest form, sliced and meat scooped out. But I always find Mango to be a versatile fruit that can be used for a lot of dessert or drinks. I had made Mango Frozen Yogurt, Mango Shortbread Custard Tart, Mango Sticky Rice and more. Although I used it more often for baking, I also love to use it in making smoothies or drink, like this Mango Lassi. For me, this is a perfect smooth and creamy summer drink. Being able to make this at home is fantastic, I do not have to wait to eat out to order it, I can have it in the comfort of my own home anytime I want to. You can have it too, let me show you how. Let’s get started!
- 1 cup Mango puree (about 2 large mangoes) – Use ripe mango, canned puree Mango will work too
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup milk (full fat, skim, almond etc.)
- 1/4 cup Granulated White Sugar (or sweetener of your choice but you cannot use the same measurement. Adjust as necessary)
- Slice mango and scoop out the meat.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer in a drinking glass.
- Mix 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt and 1 teaspoon milk. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Drizzle on top of Mango Lassi and top with diced Mangoes.
Note: Steps 3 and 4 are optional.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s all enjoy Summer!
Easy Drinks to Keep You Chill
- Early Grey Boba Milk Tea
- Lychee and Watermelon Slushie
- Honeydew Melon and Cucumber Slushie
- Overnight Mango Oats Smoothie
- Strawberry Mango Slushie
- Single Serving Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Friday Drink Day – Blueberry Cold Brew Tea Iced Tea
- Single Serving Blueberry Ice Cream Float
- Friday Drink Day – Cold Brew Peach & Mint Iced Tea
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Papaya and Mango Smoothie
- Friday Drink Day – Raspberry & Dragon Fruit Lemonade
- Raspberry Mango Smoothie
- Orange Cucumber Iced Tea
- Smooth & Creamy Mango Lassi
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA