A no bake, non-dairy, ridiculously easy to make Fruit Tart. The crust was made from raw cashew and dates with no additional sugar or sweetener added. The toppings are creamy yogurt and assortment of fresh fruits. I call this my breakfast fruit tart, but I also often have this for snack.
How to Make No Bake Fruit Tart?
This is one of the easiest tart you’ll ever make in your life 🙂 No kneading, no baking and just 2 main ingredients for the tart crust. One bonus point, the crust is vegan, in case you care. The 2 main ingredients are medjool dates and raw cashew nuts. The salt and vanilla extract are totally optional but if you have it, I recommend adding it. The salt adds a balance to the sweetness of the dates, and the vanilla extract adds flavor. Nothing fancy, just simple delicious non-dairy, no bake, fruit tart.
Start by soaking the dates in boiling water to soften it. You can also boil it with the water if you want it really mushy. Remove the dates and drain the water, then remove the seed. I used Medjool dates but any kind of dates will work too, just make sure to remove the seed.
Once that’s done, transfer it in a food processor, add the raw cashew, salt and vanilla extract and mix until it starts to clump. That’s it! You have a dairy free tart crust ready to use.!
Press crust in tart pan – I always use a releasable tart pan for easy cutting and serving but if you do not have one, a regular round tart or cake pan will work, or even a square pan. If you want to be able to serve it easily, line the bottom with parchment and make sure to have the bottom and the sides covered for easy lifting to a plate.
Spread Yogurt – Once you have the dates and cashew mixture press of top of the pan, spread the yogurt on top. I’ve used Greek yogurt, flavored yogurt and non dairy yogurt and they all work just fine. I like the Greek yogurt best because of thick texture.
Top with fresh fruits – I like spreading the yogurt on top, but the most that I enjoy doing is the arrangement of the fruit toppings on top. It was so much fun to do. I used berries, kiwi and peach 🍑. You can also use apricot, apple, pomegranate l, pineapple, mango, orange and pear. This is a very flexible no bake fruit tart. I’ve made this quite a few times and it was never the same, always something new combination to make it different.
Can I make this without food processor?
I haven’t tried making this manually or using a blender, I don’t think it will work with the blender because there is no liquid added to help the blade of the blender mix the dates and cashew. Probably doing it manually is possible. If you do not have a food processor, the closest I can think of is to boil the dates until really mushy and soft, instead of just soaking it. Then for the cashew, you can use a food chopper to finely chop it, or you can manually chop it yourself. Once this two ingredients are mushed up and chopped, mix them in a bowl until it starts to clump.
- 11 Medjool Dates pitted and soaked for 10 minutes then drained.
- 1 cup raw Cashew Nuts
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- Assorted sliced fresh Fruit
- 1 tablespoon Honey or Maple Syrup
- Prepare the Pan: Spray the bottom of a 6-inch tart or cake pan or a pie dish with nonstick spray and line the pan with parchment paper on top. Set aside. (The spray helps the parchment stick to the pan, making spreading the crust easier. The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan. If you don’t mind the taste of nonstick spray on the crust, you don’t have to use parchment. Just spray the pan with the nonstick spray and add the crust.). You can also use smaller tart pan, the crust will be thicker.
- Prepare the Dates: Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towel then remove the seed.
- Make the Crust: In the food processor, pulse the dates, cashew, salt and vanilla extract together until it starts to clump together and the cashews are all broken up.
- Press in a Pan: Press evenly into prepared tart pan and partly up the sides. Use your fingers to push the crust up to the side of the pan.
- Topping: Spread the yogurt on top of the crust. Decorate with fresh fruit. Drizzle with honey.
Makes 6-8 slices
Make ahead tip: The crust can be made 1-2 days in advance. Press in the pan and cover with plastic wrap. Make sure the plastic wrap touches the crust to avoid getting dry. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Continue with step 5. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- [VIDEO] Chocolate Brownie Custard Tart
- Pear & Almond Tart
- Strawberry Shortbread Cheese Tart
- Mini Raspberry Frangipane Tart
- Chocolate Frangipane Tart with Raspberry Poach Pear
- Mango Shortbread Custard Tart
- Chocolate Marble Shortbread Cheese Tart
- Blackberry Shortbread Cheese Tart
- No Bake Greek Yogurt and Dates Breakfast Fruit Tart
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my videos and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA