Avocado 🥑 .. they’re great for salads, dips, toast and smoothie. They’re loaded with healthy fats, adds creaminess to the dish and quite easy to use. A bundle of fresh Avocado goes a long way in my house. This Avocado Banana Smoothie Bowl is one of my favorite way to use Avocado. My super quick breakfast that keeps me full until I have time to have a proper full breakfast. It’s fun cool way to start a hot Summer day.
Smoothie bowl are most often in my breakfast item or snack on hot weather. The great thing about smoothie bowl is that I can add toppings making it more fun to eat or drink, and it makes it a bit more filling. The combination of Avocado and Banana 🍌 is a super creamy filling combination. It literally is a small meal that will keep me full at all least 2 hrs before I have time to get a real meal.
My basic toppings are often Banana, granola, nuts, seeds and shredded coconut. Sometimes I add dried fruits too, depending on the variation that I am making. There’s not right or wrong when choosing the topping, choose whatever you like and what makes you happy. After all, it’s your smoothie bowl to enjoy.
Difference between Smoothie and Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie is more of a drink where you can use a straw, or drink on its own. It has a lighter, more liquidy consistency which makes it more drinkable. It is quite light to the point that if you put anything on top, diced fruits or granola, it will sink slowly if not immediately. Most of the time, it is served in a glass or mug or any beverage cup.
Smoothie Bowl on the other hand has a thicker consistency. In fact, most of the time, you use a spoon to eat it and only maybe a straw to sip it while it starts to melt. It is usually served in a bowl, and has toppings on it. The likes of sliced fruits, granola, nuts and seeds. It is thick enough for the toppings to stay on top and not sink.
You can get by using a simple blender, but a high powered heavy duty blender works best because of the thick consistency and less liquid.
Tips for a Creamy Thick Smoothie
This smoothie is so easy to make, it’s so creamy, so delicious and so refreshing. Here’s a few tips to guarantee a delicious creamy smoothie
- Frozen Fruits – this is key to making a smooth and creamy smoothie. Frozen fruits makes the smoothie creamy and smooth and will not require use of crashed ice. This makes the smooth pure of fruits and less water from ice. Have the fruit in the freezer at least overnight. You can use fresh fruit or you can use frozen fruits.
- No Ice Please– When you use frozen fruits, that already eliminates the need to use ice. Less water means more pure creamy smoothie.
- Use as Less Liquid as Possible – Liquid is needed to help blend the ingredients, but adding too much could end up having a runny consistency.
- 1/2 cup Milk ( Any milk will work)
- 1 large frozen Banana (about 200g )
- 1 medium size frozen Avocado
- 2 tablespoon Sugar Syrup (can be substituted with sweetener of your choice)
- 2 tablespoon Granola
- 1 teaspoon Shredded Coconut
- sliced Banana
Simple Sugar Syrup
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup granulated Sugar
How to Make Simple Syrup
Making simple syrup is super easy and a great way to sweeten cold beverages. Follow the ratio, depending on the thickness of consistency, follow the same instruction
- Simple Sugar Syrup Ratio – 1:1 (1 cup sugar , 1 cup water)
- Rich Sugar Syrup Ratio – 2:1 (2 cups sugar, 1 cup water)
- Heat the water: Heat the water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until hot, but do not bring to a boil.
- Stir in the sugar: Add the sugar and stir until fully dissolved.
- Cool and store: Let the syrup cool to room temperature before using or storing. Using a funnel if needed, transfer the simple syrup into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. The syrup will thicken as it cools so it is very important to let it cool to get a thick syrup consistency.
- Add milk, yogurt, Banana, Avocado and sugar in a blender. Make sure to add the milk first so that it blends easily. Blend until smooth and thick. Adjust sweetness as desired.
- Transfer in a serving glass and garnish with toppings of your choice.
Nutritional Information was calculated using Veryfitwell Recipe Calorie and Nutrition Calculator. For details about Nutritional Information in this website, please read the Disclaimer page.
My Latest Video
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Cherry Smoothie Bowl
- Raspberry and Peach Smoothie Bowl
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Categories: Frozen Treats, No Bake, Recipe
Leave a Reply