Welcome to the world of frozen homemade pizza!
I love pizza. I can have it for breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner. It is basically an all around food for me, and so it makes sense for me to have a stock of frozen pizza that is available anytime of the day.
I like to play around with variations when it comes to my pizza. I had tried making pizza using Flatbread, Tortillas, French Bread, Baguette and just recently, with Naan Bread. I made Herbed Garlic Naan Bread over the weekend and it yield 8 pieces and I decided to make the other 4 into mini pizza.
I still have my Spinach Pesto from the pasta that I made and a glass full of sun-dried tomatoes and some cheese. This calls for pizza! You do not need a lot of ingredients to make this. You can use store-bought Pesto and add toppings of your choice. Easy! Let’s get started!
- Homemade Naan Bread or Homemade Pizza Dough (My pizza size is 5″ each)
- 4 tbsp Homemade Spinach Pesto.
- Sundried Tomato.
- Soft mozzarella Cheese (Sliced)
- Cheddar Cheese (Shredded) – you can add any other cheese that you want
- Olive oil
- Roasted Garlic
- Chili Flakes
- If you are using Homemade Pizza Dough or Homemade Naan Bread, pre-bake the dough for 5 minutes at 350F.
- Let cool. Brush with the olive oil and spread roasted garlic.
- Add 1 tbsp Homemade Spinach Pesto.
- Add Soft mozzarella Cheese and Shredded Cheese of your choice.
- Sprinkle top with Chilli Flakes.
- Thightly wrap with cling wrap.
- Put in sandwich ziplock bag.
- Freeze. Dough can be frozen 2-3 months. Do not add any fresh vegetable.
- When you are ready to bake, leave at room temperature for 15 minutes while pre-heating the oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt and color slightly turn brown.
Good to know:
- Add only fresh vegetable toppings when you are ready to bake the pizza. This will avoid making the pizza soggy due to water from the frozen vegetables.
Try it and let me know how it goes.Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!