I had been experimenting with cake frosting these past few weeks because of my cake projects. I had been tweaking my Vanilla Buttercream Frosting to come up with a new flavor. Last week, I made Chocolate Butterecream Whipped Frosting, the frosting I used for my Triple Dark Chocolate Chiffon Cake.
This week, I created another one, White Chocolate Buttercream Whipped Frosting. So, you might be asking what is the difference between my regular buttercream frosting to the whipped frosting.
The whipped frosting is lighter, because of the additional whipped cream. It is also less sweet, but it is less stable than the frosting without whipped cream. I honestly prefer this type of frosting because its lighter and less sweet. Although, it really depends on what I will be using it for.
For cakes that are exposed for long hours or for those that I want to have detailed design, I would go for regular buttercream frosting without whipped cream. If I am going to serve the cake immediately straight from the fridge and it will not stay long in room temperature, I use whipped frosting. Either way, they both taste good. This is very similar to Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, except for the addition of white chocolate and whipped cream. Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cup Icing/Confectioners Sugar (sifted)
- 1/4 cup whipped cream. I used Kraft Cool Whip. You also start from scratch and make your own whipped cream.
- 1 tbsp melted white chocolate – I used Bakers White Chocolate. If you do not have white chocolate, replace with 1 tbsp milk or cream.
- In a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter until it becomes fluffy (approximately 5 minutes or less if your butter is too soft already).
- Add Icing Sugar and mix until it gets a smooth texture (approximately 8-10 minutes or less if your butter is too soft already).
- Add melted white chocolate and whipped cream.
- Mix until smooth.
- If the frosting is too soft, chill for 15 – 30 minutes. It is advisable to keep the cake, cupcake, brownies into the refrigerator once you add the frosting.
If you like this post, please click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment. I would like to hear from you.♥
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥