American Buttercream Frosting is my main go to frosting for my creations.I had to confess, it actually took me 3 tries before I got this right. It ‘s not because it is difficult to make, because among all other types of buttercream frosting, this is the easiest one.
It took me 3 tries because I was trying to tweak it to reduce the sugar for a small batch. At the end , I got the sweetness and texture that I wanted, I am happy with the ratio that I got.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cup Icing/Confectioners Sugar (sifted)
- 1 -2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter until it becomes fluffy (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add icing sugar and mix until it gets a smooth texture (approximately 8-10 minutes).
- Gradually add milk (1 tbsp at a time) until you get the consistency that you are aiming for.
- Keep in the fridge and let stand in room temperature before using for a more spreadable and ready to pipe consistency.
If you like this post, please click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment. I would like to hear from you.♥
This is also a good basic frosting recipe that you can flavour with jams, coffee , coconut, fruit zest or chocolate.
Good to know:
- Room temperature butter is very important for this frosting.
- If you store this in the fridge, leave to room temperature before using so that it will be spreadable.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥