I immediately grabbed the cookie press when I saw it on sale for 50% off! It was such a good deal, so why not? It was a good addition to my baking tools. I saw it before, but I wasn’t that interested that time until few weeks ago when I made Shortbread Cookie. I thought that it would be nice to have other shape aside from the regular round or wedge shape for a shortbread cookie.
The cookie press is very easy and convenient to use. I don’t have to chill the batter and the cookies comes in uniform sizes.
They are adorable! These cookies look nicer specially for holiday gift giving, or even for regular day treats. You can have it plain, you can put some sprinkles or drizzle and sandwich it with Chocolate Ganache just like what I did for these cookies.
They are so much fun to make, but even more enjoyable to eat. The soft and buttery taste of the shortbread cookie plus the smooth chocolate taste is a perfect combination. Every bite melts in your mouth. Once you start eating it, it’s so difficult to stop.
Shortbread Cookies are very easy to make with only 4 ingredients needed. You can still make this even if you do not have a cookie press. You can cut the shortbread into wedges, or have them rolled and cut them into circles just like what I did with my Shortbread cookies posts. Let’s get started!
- Prepare the Shortbread Cookie dough as per the link in the ingredients section. DO NOT chill the dough after making it. You want it soft when you put it inside the cookie press.
- Put the cookie dough inside the cookie press and start forming the cookie. Choose whatever design you like to use for the available disks that comes with the cookie press.
- Once shaped, chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour. You can also leave it overnight in the fridge , or freeze for 2-3 months later use.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edge of the cookies turned brown.
- Prepare the Chocolate Ganache as per the link in the ingredients section.
- Pair the cookies and match the sizes. Put small portion of chocolate ganache in the center and sandwich the 2 cookies together. Add Chocolate Ganache on top of the sandwich cookies. You can use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate , or put the chocolate ganache inside a small ziplock sandwich bag, then make a small cut in one of the corner tip of the ziplock bag.
- Chill the cookie before serving to allow the Chocolate Ganache to harden.
- Keep the cookies stored in the fridge to avoid the chocolate from melting.
This Shortbread cookie dough can be used as tart crust. This makes a perfect tart crust for fruit tarts and custard tarts. It is still the same creamy and butter shortbread, but molded in a tart pan. Watch the video on how to do this.
The Classic Shortbread Cookie, this is where is all started. Simple and basic shortbread cookie, all time favorite and the mother of all my shortbread cookie variations. If you are looking on which one to start with, try with this basic shortbread cookie. Starting with the simple one is the best way to explore the many variations of shortbread cookie.
This Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookie is buttery, creamy and dipped in melted dark chocolate, what’s not to like? If you want to make this cookie extra special and extra sinfully delicious, I highly recommend dipping it in melted chocolate. You only need to add 1 extra step, and that is dipping it in melted chocolate. Watch the video to see how to make it.
I love eating shortbread cookie on its own, but I enjoy it even more when dipped in melted dark chocolate. The smooth buttery texture complements well with the dark chocolate. Every bite melts in your mouth! Such an easy breezy treat for something so deliciously good.
Strawberry & White Chocolate Shortbread Cookie is a lovely delicious twist to my classic Shortbread Cookie recipe. The base is a creamy, buttery shortbread cookie with a layer of white chocolate and Strawberry paste and finish off with slice of fresh Strawberry coated with white chocolate. Every layer of this shortbread is perfection, they just seem to work well together.
This Matcha Glazed Shortbread Cookie is the same creamy and buttery shortbread cookie made special by adding a white chocolate matcha glazed on top.
You do not need any holiday or special occasion to treat yourself, so whether you are celebrating Halloween or not, there’s always a reason to make this cookie, and that is because you deserve it. So give this adorable Jack-O-Lantern Chocolate Filled Shortbread Cookie a try.
Add a twist to your usual shortbread cookie by turning it into this Toblerone Shortbread Cookie. The same simple and easy shortbread that we all love, it is buttery, it is creamy and now made even more special with the addition of chopped Toblerone in the cookie dough. Once you try this recipe, you wouldn’t be looking for other shortbread recipe, because this is so far the BEST simple shortbread recipe
- How To Freeze Cookies (Bake and Unbaked)
- How To Store Cookie Properly So They Last Longer
- Holiday Cookie Platter, The More The Merrier 🙂
- Classic Shortbread Cookie
- Chocolate Crinkles
- Lemon Ricotta Cookie
- Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookie
- Pistachio and Almond Cranberry
- Baked Mini Churro
- Matcha Glazed Shortbread Cookie
- Strawberry White Chocolate Shortbread Cookie
- Pinwheel Cookie Tutorial
- No Bake Fruits and Nuts Chocolate Bar
- Pistachio and Cranberry Bark Chocolate
- M & M Cookie
- Shortbread Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie
- No Bake Rocky Road Chocolate Bar
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie
My Latest Video:
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Your feedback helps me decide what to put on my next baking to do list. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA