I immediately grabbed the cookie press when I saw it on sale for 50% off! It was such a good deal, so why not? It was a good addition to my baking tools. I saw it before, but I wasn’t that interested that time until few weeks ago when I made Shortbread Cookie. I thought that it would be nice to have other shape aside from the regular round or wedge shape for a shortbread cookie.
The cookie press is very easy and convenient to use. I don’t have to chill the batter and the cookies comes in uniform sizes.
They are adorable! These cookies look nicer specially for holiday gift giving, or even for regular day treats. You can have it plain, you can put some sprinkles or drizzle and sandwich it with Chocolate Ganache just like what I did for these cookies.
They are so much fun to make, but even more enjoyable to eat. The soft and buttery taste of the shortbread cookie plus the smooth chocolate taste is a perfect combination. Every bite melts in your mouth. Once you start eating it, it’s so difficult to stop.
Shortbread Cookies are very easy to make with only 4 ingredients needed. You can still make this even if you do not have a cookie press. You can cut the shortbread into wedges, or have them rolled and cut them into circles just like what I did with my Shortbread cookies posts. Let’s get started!
- Prepare your Shortbread cookie dough as per the link in the ingredients section. DO NOT chill the dough after making it. You want it soft when you put it inside the cookie press.
- Put the cookie dough inside the cookie press and start forming the cookie. Choose whatever design you like to use for the available disks that comes with the cookie press.
- Once shaped, chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour. You can also leave it overnight in the fridge , or freeze for later use.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edge of the cookies turned brown.
- Prepare the Chocolate Ganache as per the link in the ingredients section.
- Pair the cookies and match the sizes.
- Put small portion of chocolate ganache in the center and sandwich the 2 cookies together.
- Add Chocolate Ganache on top of the sandwich cookies. You can use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate , or put the chocolate ganache inside a small ziplock sandwich bag, then make a small cut in one of the corner tip of the ziplock bag.
- Chill the cookie before serving to allow the Chocolate Ganache to harden.
- Keep the cookies stored in the fridge to avoid the chocolate from melting.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking! ♥