When I made my Matcha Chiffon Cake, I was a little bit hesitant to make it. I haven’t used Matcha Green Tea flavor for pastries, neither have I tried the drink itself. This is the reason why I decided to make my Matcha Chiffon Cake a small batch recipe. Surprisingly, I ended up liking it and it only took 2 days before the the entire cake was finished, so in the end, no regrets.
The Matcha Chiffon Cake was my inspiration for this cupcake recipe, aside from the fact that I have lots of matcha green tea that I have to use.
This is a good recipe to try if you are hesitant to try matcha flavor because this is a small batch recipe. This cupcake turned out better than expected. It’s so creamy and the flavor of the matcha is just right. If you are up to new and exciting flavor, this one is for you. It very quick and simple. Let’s get started!
- ¼ + 2tbsp cup flour
- 1/2 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk ( You can also use 1 tbsp powdered milk, dissolved in 2 tbsp water)
Note: If you do not have yogurt, use 1 whole egg instead of 1 egg yolk.
For Frosting/Filling Options:
- Raspberry Buttercream Frosting – Italian Meringue Style
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Caramel Pastry Cream
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Whisk together wet ingredients.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together until combined.
- Spoon into cupcake liners and bake at 350F until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Medium size cupcake liners (2 small ice cream scoop) : 4 cupcakes , 12-14 minutes
- Large size cupcake liners (3 small ice cream scoop): 3 cupcakes , 14 – 16 minutes
Makes 4 medium size cupcakes
This Matcha Cupcake is very creamy and moist, I have to say I was surprised myself when I tried it. Super simple, but delicious. I used my Vanilla Buttercream Frosting to decorate it, not only that it turned out beautiful, it taste great too. This is one of my for keeps recipe and I would like to share it with you.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community baking!♥