Quinoa is starting to be my favorite salad these past few days. I had been making variations of Quinoa Salad and I thought why not share it in my blog. I especially like Salad that I can make into one bowl or pan, just like this one. Less mess, quick and easy.
The most that you would do for this salad is to open the cans and cut and chop few ingredients. After that, all you have to do it mix everything in one pan and simmer until Quinoa is cook through. How easy is that?
I like making this especially for busy days because its quick to prepare, and I can even have the left over stored in the fridge and ready for my next meal. This salad has great flavor in it, lots of flavor actually. All those spices and vegetable combinations really work well together, it taste so good. I can even eat this with Nachos or have it wrapped in Tortillas! So many ways to enjoy this simple and yet delicious salad. Another one pan healthy salad recipe from me to you. Try it! Let’s get started!
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked through
- Stir in lime or lemon juice, 1 tbsp olive oil , cilantro and avocado.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community home cooking!♥
Adapted from Cook Like a Champion