I love veggies, I really do. Eating veggies and fruits is my way of balancing my obsession with sweets. This somehow makes me feel better, at least in some areas in my diet I am being good.
I especially love salad or side dishes that are easy to prepare, like this one.
I made this Greek Style Grilled Asparagus Salad as a side dish to Roasted Chicken. I don’t even mind eating it on its own. It feels like eating nuts, which I love. It is worth buying Asparagus for this recipe. Let’s get started!
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cups tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice or Balsamic vinaigrette
- Mix olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Toss the asparagus spears in the oil, salt and pepper and grill over medium-high heat until crisp-tender and slightly charred. Set aside remaining dressing.
- If you want to bake it or roast it, Bake at 350F for 10 minutes or until the Asparagus is cook. I like mine a little bit crunchy and not too over bake.
- Toss Cherry Tomato and Kalamata Olive in the salad dressing
- Serve topped with the tomatoes and the kalamata olive.
Note: If you do not want to grill the Asparagus, you can also steam, roast or bake it.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community eating healthy!♥