How To Make Homemade Cinnamon Apple Filling
This simple and easy Cinnamon Apple Filling is perfect for apple pie, turnover, muffin and tart. I have recipes below on where you can use it, check the related posts at the end.
I used to buy pie filling in the store whenever I need one, until I learned how to make my own. Homemade pie filling is very easy to make, I cannot believe it took me this long to realize it. Best part of it, I am actually using fresh fruits and there is no preservatives added to it. What you see is what you get.
I love that I can customize it according to my taste when it comes to how sweet I want it to be. I can even add nuts to it and adjust the amount of cinnamon that goes it. This pie filling is perfect for apple pie, Apple Turnover or Mini Pecan Pie. Let’s get started!
Where to Use Apple Filling
This Cinnamon Apple Filling is so versatile you can use it for more than just a pie. Here are some suggestion on what to make to use this Apple Filling. Check it out!
- Homemade Apple Danish
- Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Apple Hand Pie
- Apple Cinnamon Bread Roll
- Apple Turnover
- Apple Muffin
- Caramel Apple Tarts
- Caramel Apple Crumb Bars
- Bite Size Apple Pie
- 2 Large Granny Smith Apple – peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 cups Water (to submerge cut apples, doesn’t have to be exact)
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar (or a mix of half brown and half white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- pinch of Salt
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon slightly chopped Walnuts or Pecans (optional)
Note: For a big batch, use 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tbsp cornstarch and the rest of the ingredients are the same measurement. Cook for 20 – 25 minutes or until soft and sauce is reduce.
- Prepare the Apple: Peel and dice the apples and transfer to a large bowl with 2 cups of water and lemon juice. This will prevent browning while you peel the rest of the apples.
- Cook the Apple: Transfer diced apples in a pan. Add sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon. Stir until sugar is fully melted. Cover and simmer for 10 – 12 minutes or until the sauce thickens and reduced. Add butter and mix until butter is fully melted. Add walnuts or pecans (if using) and stir. Set aside to cool, then refrigerate.
Makes 500ml serving
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
- Small Batch Peach Pie Filling
- [VIDEO] Homemade Cinnamon Apple Filling
- Homemade Pineapple Filling – Quick & Easy!
- Small Batch Fresh Blueberry Sauce/Filling
- [VIDEO] How To Make Fresh Strawberry Sauce/Filling
- Small Batch Strawberry Jam (No Preservative Added)
- Small Batch Homemade Cherry Sauce
- Small Batch Blueberry Jam (No Refined Sugar Added)
- Small Batch Blackberry Chia Seed Jam
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA