Hello Summer, Hello Strawberry season!
This last few weeks, we were blessed with fairly good weather, sunny days all day, all week. That doesn’t happen much in Vancouver. That means, it’s a lot warmer than our regular rainy days, and I love it. This kind of hot weather made me crave for frozen treats almost everyday, more ice cream please!
Good news is I can make my own ice cream now from home, with whatever flavor I want. This week, I feel like strawberry, and so that’s what I made for myself. All time favorite very strawberry ice cream with chunk of real fresh strawberry and fresh whipped cream all made from kitchen. Let’s get started!
Here are my other frozen treats. Check them out!
- Coffee Fudge Ice Cream
- Mango Ice Cream (Custard Base)
- Avocado Pistachio Ice Cream
- Purple Yam Ice Cream
- Dulce DeLeche Ice Cream (Custard Base)
- Mango Tango Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
- Cantaloupe Sorbet
- Peaches and Pineapple Sorbet
- Fruit Medley Sorbet
- 1 cup Strawberry – pureed
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Click here for tips of how to whip cream successfully.
- pinch of Salt
- Puree strawberry until almost pureed but with a little bit of chunks left.
- Mix pureed strawberry with condensed milk. Stir until fully combined. Set aside while you make whipped cream.
- Add the heavy cream to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer set to medium speed, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Turn the speed to low and slowly pour in the condensed milk and strawberry mixture. Turn the speed back up to medium and beat until thickened, about 30 seconds just enough to fully combine everything.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours, overnight recommended.
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like”button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s make our summer cool and breezy!♥