I had been thinking of making this Corn Flakes Cereals Bark Chocolate for a long time now. Since its Summer, I think this is the perfect time to make it. With the summer at its peaks, I am not motivated to use my oven more. But that doesn’t mean I have to stop making my sweet treats, my solution, Easy No Bake desserts like this one.
This means, less cleanup and more time eating it! I love the idea, don’t you? This recipe was inspired by my crunchy and crispy Corn Flakes Cereals Chocolate Clusters, another one of my no bake and easy snack item. So you can tell how obsessed I am in making these treats!
I love snacking on these cereals bark, I love the crunchy cereals and mix of bittersweet, semi sweet and milk chocolate. But most of all, I love that they are so easy to make and no baking needed. I don’t have to do extra cleanup, that’s a real winner recipe for me. The most difficult part is waiting for it to harden so that I can start eating it. It felt like forever waiting! I normally make it at night, so that I can just leave it in the refrigerator overnight and then when I wake up I can have my treat ready.
I think this is going to be my favorite easy no bake snacking dessert. It’s cereal, so my mind is saying it’s healthy, although it is not 🙂 Who am I kidding? But I’m still making it anyway, I hope you will give it a try too. This Let’s get started!
Use melting chocolate/melting wafers: There’s only 2 ingredients in this recipe, and it is very crucial and important that you use the right type of chocolate. That is melting chocolate/melting wafers. Melting wafers are good for coating, they do not hold their shape and melts easily when heated. They are more fluid and smooth, just the perfect consistency for coating. Because of their great melted consistency, there is no need to use any thinner like milk, cream or shortening. They are good to use as is and they create a hard shell and they dry out pretty quick as compare to chocolate chips for baking. When use to coat cereals, since it creates a dry hard shell, the cereals remains crispy and crunchy longer. There are some chocolate bars that can be use for melting and coating, just make sure to use a good quality chocolate. The fate of your cereals bar rest on the quality of the chocolate you use.
- 240 grams melting chocolate/melting wafers (White, Milk or Dark) – chop into small pieces (Choose a good quality melting chocolate).
- 120 grams cup corn flakes style cereals (a little bit more than 1 1/2 cup) – I used Kellogs Vanilla Almond Flakes
Ratio: 80 grams of chocolate per 40 grams of cereals
- Melt the chocolate:
- Microwave Method: Microwave the chocolate in 30 seconds interval and gently stir until smooth. It took me 1 1/2 minutes per 80 grams, except for the milk chocolate which only took 1 minute to fully melt it.
- Bain-marie (water bath) – Pour water in a small pan and bring to simmer. Place bowl on top of the pan and put the chocolate in the bowl. Gently stir until fully melted and smooth.
- Add the corn cereals to the melted chocolate and mix until cereals are fully covered with chocolates.
- Scoop spoonful and drop it scattered in a baking sheet line with parchment paper or silicone mat. Use a spatula to flatten the corn flakes, make sure to leave no gaps between. Alternate milk, dark and white chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before breaking.
Note: I bought my chocolate in specialty shop, stores like Ghirardelli or Godiva carries them as well. Using the right type of chocolate for this recipe is a MUST to get crispy and crunchy texture longer. Regular chocolate has more moisture, so it tends to be more sticky and the cereals absorbs the moisture thus making it soft.
Before you go, please click on the “Like” button below if you like this post, or leave me a comment. I would like to hear from you.♥
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe, and let’s get the community snacking!♥