I’m really craving for donuts today, but not just the regular donut. I want a fruity flavor bake donuts so that I can eat more guilt free. Ok, maybe not totally guilt free but at least bake is better than fried.
When fruity flavor comes to my mind, the first thing that pop is Strawberry. Especially now that it is in season, I have to make the most of it and use it as much as I can in my baking. Baked donuts are so much fun to make to the point that I got obsessed in making them. The first one I made was the Baked Chocolate Donut, that was amazing! The second one was a fruity flavor, the Baked Blueberry Donut now this Baked Strawberry Donut. I just cannot stop making them.
They are so easy breezy to make, and again, they are bake not fried. The texture of this donut is very light, soft and moist. I can eat 6 pieces of this in 1 seating, and I am not kidding.
Here me out. First since they are baked, they tend to be lighter in texture and it doesn’t feel heavy in the stomach. Second, although I used my big donut pan size, I still don’t consider it big. It is still a lot smaller than the regular size donut in the market. Last but not the least, they taste amazing! They are not very sweet, and the little bits and pieces of fresh Strawberries and the Strawberry glaze gave the donut a natural fruity and fresh flavor. This is defitely a must try, I hope that you will give it a go in your next baking project. Let me show you how easy it is to make this. Let’s get started!
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup flavourless oil
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk (You can make homemade buttermilk by adding 1 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar to 1/2 cup milk. Let sit for 5 minutes to curdle)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup puree strawberries
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Wet Ingredients: In a bowl, combine oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Dry Ingredients: In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix until batter comes together.
- Mix in Strawberry: Add 1/4 cup of chopped strawberries and mix until just combined.
- Pipe: Pour batter into piping bag and pipe into lightly greased donut pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool: Let cool completely while working on glaze.
For the Glaze:
- In a mini food processor, blend strawberries until pureed.
- In a bowl, mix powdered sugar and pureed strawberries until smooth. If you want a thicker glaze, add more confectioners sugar.
- Once donuts is completely cooled, dip into the glaze and let donut rest until the glaze firm up.
If you like this post, kindly give that “Like” button below a click, or leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
Recipe adapted from: honeysucklecatering