What’s great about foil pack meals is that they are very flexible. You don’t even need a recipe for it, it’s basically just tossing together vegetables and meat that goes well together. I would say it’s every customizable, you can add whatever you feel like eating. I did not even have to shop for these ingredients, I just made use of what I have in the fridge, toss them together, wrapped them in a foil then grilled them.
This can even be baked in the oven if you don’t want to fire up your grill. Since its summer, and opening the oven is the last thing I want to do, I opted to grill it, which has always been my preference. This is a fool-proof recipe, how could you mess up something as easy as this? Look at how delicious it looks like, I couldn’t ask for better lunch on a sunny weekend like today. Don’t skip the dipping sauce, it absolutely brings out the taste of all those grilled vegetables and the shrimp. Let’s get started!
- 1 Large Corn
- 1/4 cup Fresh brocoli -cut into pieces
- 1/2 Bell Pepper (Red, Yellow or Green or mix of all three) – cut into small pieces
- 1 hotdog – cut into 8-10 pieces (Diced chicken breast is also a good option)
- 1/2 lb fresh shrimp – head and shell removed
- 1/4 cup fresh mushroom – cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup zucchini – cut into small pieces
- 1/2 small white Onion – cut into quarter
- 1 tbsp butter – cut into 4 cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Note: This recipe is not strict, feel free to double or triple the ingredients and add other vegetables you like.
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp chili pepper or fresh chili
- Boil water and cook the corn for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In small bowl, transfer shrimp and add lemon juice, 1/4 cayenne pepper and 1/4 chilli flakes. Toss to combine. Leave for 15 minutes to marinate.
- In a separate bowl, add all vegetables and toss in olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and remaining peppers. Then add the hotdog and shrimp. Toss to combine
- Transfer in a large aluminum foil, add corn and butter on top, then wrap to seal the edges.
- Grilled in a pre-heated grill for 25 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients for dipping sauce and set aside.
I hope you like this post. If you do, please click on the “Like“button below or share this post with your friends. Thanks!
Leave a Reply