All I want is more ice cream and more ice cream please. Summer is swinging it really hard with this hot weather almost everyday now. Hey, I am not complaining at all, I love it! Here in Vancouver, we only have 3 months of summer, sometimes 4 if we get lucky. So as soon as Mr Sunshine comes out non-stop every day, it’s time to celebrate. Time to go out and explore and time to enjoy more ice cream than I can imagine.
I had been making my Homemade Ice Cream lately. In fact, all the ice cream I used for this parfait are homemade. Yes, homemade ice cream that does not require any ice cream machine. It’s a NO churn ice cream, with only 2-3 ingredients. So easy and it taste absolutely amazing! I cannot believe I am saying this, but it is even better than some of the commercialize ice cream. You really have to try this.
With this much ice cream in my freezer, I thought I should use it to make myself a nice looking absolutely mouth-watering Parfait. But not just a simple Parfait. I am talking about taking Parfait into a higher level by introducing the use of my Basic Sweet Crepe.
It’s perfect! Homemade Ice Creams + Homemade Basic Sweet Crepe = Happiness! See how easy I can make myself happy? Look how gorgeous this Parfait looks like? Why wouldn’t I be happy with this? With the hot weather outside, I can have this wonderful creation of mine right in the comfort of my home. I cannot get enough of this. Try it and make one for yourself too! Let’s get started!
- Basic Sweet Crepe
- Ice cream/Frozen Yogurt/Sorbet – Store bought or homemade. Here are my homemade frozen treats that you can use for this dessert, all of them no ice cream machine needed!
- Purple Yam Ice Cream
- Avocado Pistachio Ice Cream
- Dulce DeLeche Ice Cream (custard base)
- Dulce DeLeche Ice Cream (cream base)
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Coffee Fudge Ice Cream
- Mango Tango Frozen Yogurt
- Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
- Mango Tango Frozen Yogurt
- Chocolate Fudge Banana Frozen Yogurt
- Peach and Pineapple Sorbet
- Cantaloupe Sorbet
- Fruit Medley Sorbet
- Fresh fruits – Strawberry, Banana, Mango, Peaches etc
- Chocolate Ganache – optional
- Other toppings as desired
- Prepare Crepe. I used my Basic Sweet Crepe recipe.
- Prepare Chocolate Ganache (if using).
- Slice fresh fruits and prepare other desired toppings.
- In a tall glass, add 1 tbsp Chocolate Ganache and few slices of fresh fruits. Add 1-2 scoops of Ice Cream. You can add more depending on the size of your glass.
- Fold the crepe into a cone shape and put it in the glass.
- Scoop ice cream into the folded Crepe.
- Add fresh fruits and other toppings.
- Drizzle with Chocolate Ganache (if using).
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community chilling!♥
Categories: Frozen Treats