I am not really a donut person, but when my donut craving hits me, I must have it. I would be thinking of it everyday and night until I gave in to it. It’s a torture! Can you imagine working, seeing and thinking donuts? Or going or a run or going to the gym and imagining having donut at the end of the workout? This is what’s been happening to me lately, and I decided it had to stop at some point. Solution, just give in to it and get it over.
The thing is, it’s not just a regular donut that I was craving for. I was craving for bake (not fried) Churros donut. The kind of donut that is coated with cinnamon sugar and dip in decadent Chocolate Ganache. Oh so delicious!
This donut is a mash-up between Bake Churros and Cinnamon Sugar Donut. It has a heavier donut texture as compared to my Chocolate Donut or Blueberry Donut but it is as good as any of the bake donuts I had posted in my blog. Since it is baked, it doesn’t feel and taste greasy. Let’s get started!
Small Batch Ingredients (Makes 6 medium donuts)
- 3 tbsp (40g) butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tbsp (37g) granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup + 4 tbsp (100g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup (100ml) milk
- Chocolate Ganache
Big Batch Ingredients (Makes 16- 18 medium donuts)
- 1/2 cup (4oz/120g) butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup (2½oz/75g) granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups (5oz/300g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup (320ml) milk
- Chocolate Ganache
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1/4 cup (2 oz/60g) melted butter or 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (40z/120g) granulated white sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon (reduce or increase to how strong you want the cinnamon flavor)
For a smaller batch, divide the ingredients into half.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and melted cooled butter.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet until evenly combined with no lumps leaving you with smooth pourable batter.
- Spray donut tin with oil then spoon or pipe the batter into the tin. Place in a oven and bake for 10 -12 minutes until firm to the touch. The color will remain whitish and not brown, but as long as it is already firm, it is done.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- While the donuts are cooling make the toppings – In a small bowl, melt 1/4 cup butter. In another small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon and put in a small ziplock bag and set aside.
- Next make the Chocolate Ganache
- To assemble your donuts – Quickly dunk each cooled donut into the melted butter or milk. The butter/milk is just to give the donut moisture so that the cinnamon sugar will stick. This will not make the donut soggy as you are not submerging it for a long time.
- Put the donut one at a time in the ziplock with cinnamon sugar. Shake until each donut is completely coated on all sides.
- Once all of your donuts have been coated in cinnamon sugar dip the top half in the chocolate ganache making sure to generously coat with chocolate. Enjoy!
My Latest Video:
- Small Batch Bake Churros Donut
- Baked Strawberry Donut
- Baked Blueberry Donut
- Snickerdoodle Donut Hole
- Baked Chocolate Donut
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.
FOLLOW SWEETNSPICYLIVING ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Categories: Bake Donuts, Baking, Recipe, Small Batch Recipes
Leave a Reply