Avocado are back in season and what better way to use it than into a Hummus! This Avocado Cilantro Hummus is as simple and easy to make Spicy Moroccan Hummus, Bell Pepper Hummus and Jalapeno and Hummus. Perfect for toast, bagel, chips, veggies, eggs and salad. The flavors are endless once you got yourself a basic Hummus recipe that you can tweak depending on your flavor cravings. Let’s get started!
- 1 can Chick Peas (540ml, 19oz)
- 1 medium size ripe Avocado
- 2 red chili pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 + 3 tbsp cup Water (can be reduced for a thicker consistency)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Olive Oil (can be reduced for a thicker consistency)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 tbsp Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- Wash and drain chickpeas. Remove the skin for a smoother hummus texture.
- Put all ingredients in the food processor, except water.
- Process until texture becomes smooth, around 3-4 minutes.
- Gradually add water and continue mixing until you get the consistency that you like. You may or may not need all the water, you can even remove the water if you want a thick hummus consistency.
- Transfer in container. Scoop several small batch and add tsp olive oil after every scoop, ending with hummus on top.
Avocado brown easily when exposed. Keep in an airtight container and cover top with clung-wrap and make sure that the cling-wrap touches the top of the hummus then cover it with a lid. It could last up to 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
If you like this post, kindly give that “Like”button below a click, or leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you.
Try it and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community dipping!♥
- Spicy Morrocan Hummus
- Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus
- Bell Pepper Hummus
- Spinach and Feta Hummus
- Avocado Cilantro Hummus
- Moutabel – Mediterranean Spicy Egg Plant Dip
- Classic Chickpea Hummus
Enjoy! If you make this, share and tag me in Instagram #SweetNSpicyLiving. I would like to see your creations too.
My Latest Video
Thank You for visiting my website. Please don’t forget to click the “Like” button below if you like this recipe. Lastly, did you know that I have a YouTube Channel? Please support my channel by clicking on the “Subscribe” button in my video and the “Bell” icon to get notification of new videos.