I love weekend breakfast! Breakfast and lunch on weekends alone are something that I look forward to. I like it that I have more time to prepare my meals and even more time to enjoy them. One of my favorite breakfast, french toast. For me, they are worth making and worth waiting for.
I have a Classic French Toast recipe that I used over and over again because it is so basic. I dress it up depending on what I have in the fridge, or what I feel like eating. This week, I made caramel banana french toast to put my Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce to use. I love this variation, as much as I love the classic version. For me, caramel and banana are are matched made in heaven. Let’s gets started!
- 3 pieces sliced loaf bread (White, Whole Wheat or any Sweet Breads that is few days old)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/3 cup Milk (Almond Milk, Soy Milk, Full Fat, 1, 2 or 3.5%)
- 3 tbsp Brown or White Sugar
- 1/2 tsp melted butter and extra for brushing the pan
- pinch Cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- 1-2 tbsp Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 large bananas – sliced in rounds
- Mix Eggs, melted butter, milk, cinnamon ,vanilla extract and 3 tbsp brown sugar.
- Dip sliced bread in the egg and milk mixture until fully coated. I like using my 6 x 6 square pan when dipping the bread, but you can use any bowl you have that good enough to submerge the bread without deforming the shape.
- Leave for 5 minutes to allow bread to absorb the mixture.
- Spray with oil or grease NON STICK pan with butter.
- Put in the heated pan (medium heat) until golden brown, around 5-10 minutes each side. Cooking time could also vary on how big the bread you are using. I used large white loaf bread and it took around 8-10 minutes each side. Watch out for when the side of the bread you are cooking starts to brown. You can cook it longer if you prefer crunchy texture.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle with Salted Caramel Sauce and top with sliced banana
Serves 1 -2
That’s it for today! But before you go, if you like this recipe, please click on the “Like” button below or leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you♥
Good To Know:
- If making this ahead of time, it is best to use a few days old bread and leave it overnight in the refrigerator while submerge in milk mixture. Cover with cling-wrap or store in close container. Fresh bread are good for same day cooking as it absorbs milk mixture faster.
Give it a try, and let me know how it goes. Feel free to share this recipe and let’s get the community home cooking! ♥